Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some handlebar advice from You softtail guy's

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Rich67
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some handlebar advice from You softtail guy's

My brother inlaw just bought an 05 deluxe.He is bout 6'6 and lanky the bike has beach bars on it and just don't work for his size.Over the years I alway run 16"apes on My softails with a straight 1" risers which I think he would like but I hate to see him get rid of the stock risers they're nice risers but they pull back some and I just don't think they'd work well with Apes He don't need the bars closer to him, was hopin for other ideas for bars on his Deluxe from You Guy's.Thanks

Old 07-10-2012, 11:58 PM
justguth
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's some.....

Last edited by justguth; 07-11-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
eastlozHD
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Soooo damn jealous of people that can run the beach bars....damn that is my favorite look!! DAMN NC DELUXE TO HELL!!! hehe. But seriously I ended up with 18" 1.5" thick Carlini Original Apes and they ride good and look killer! But if I didnt have these long spider legs I would have went with Dean's(NC DELUXE) set up!! That is about as Gangster and Gangster gets!! Good luck!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Stoner-33
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eastlozHD,

Quick question, are they 1.5 inch 18's on the springer too? I have been trying to figure out if I need that adapter plate or not for my springer. Any info. would help thanks...

Old 11-02-2013, 04:19 PM
what_the?!
Advanced

hey east...can u drop me a PM please about your setup?...if u dont mind sharing?..i cant see how to send you a msg...tim

Old 11-02-2013, 05:34 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by what_the?!
hey east...can u drop me a PM please about your setup?...if u dont mind sharing?..i cant see how to send you a msg...tim
..left-click the username, right-click "send private message..."

Old 11-02-2013, 05:54 PM
PitBullMcCoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by justguth
Here's some.....

Those bars are pretty sick! What kind are they, if I may that is...

Old 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

Bars, seats and pipes are so personal that each one of us HAVE has to get what we like, what fits, and is within our budgets.

At 6'1 I've rode only one FB with BB's and I have to say I was surprised.. I actually liked them. (NOT enough to change, but OK.)
After our stock Heritage bars that are 12'' mini bars (and I love) I didn't think I like them at all.

But If Ur BIL is 6'5'' and long, then he'll have to search out what he wants..

Something I used to post in here all the time for helping other when fitting for new bars is (as follow's)

1. Have someone or something hold bike upright.
2 Have owner sit on bike, close their eyes and get in comfortable riding position
3 Then have owner reach out with his arms and put them in position where he'd like to ride and feels good.
4 Have someone then take all the measurement. like sit-back, height and bend of the bars for hand angle. ETC, ETC.
5 Find the bars that he likes the look of than meets his measured requirements..

Then he should have the bars he wants and needs..
Simple,, NO, but it should help keep other from having to buy more than one set of bars.. Also make sure they meet the laws of U state and they are not tooooo HIgh....

late though, He might also look into Forward controls...

Last edited by oct1949; 11-02-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added
Old 11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Bars, seats and pipes are so personal that each one of us HAVE has to get what we like, what fits, and is within our budgets.

At 6'1 I've rode only one FB with BB's and I have to say I was surprised.. I actually liked them. (NOT enough to change, but OK.)
After our stock Heritage bars that are 12'' mini bars (and I love) I didn't think I like them at all.

But If Ur BIL is 6'5'' and long, then he'll have to search out what he wants..

Something I used to post in here all the time for helping other when fitting for new bars is (as follow's)

1. Have someone or something hold bike upright.
2 Have owner sit on bike, close their eyes and get in comfortable riding position
3 Then have owner reach out with his arms and put them in position where he'd like to ride and feels good.
4 Have someone then take all the measurement. like sit-back, height and bend of the bars for hand angle. ETC, ETC.
5 Find the bars that he likes the look of than meets his measured requirements..

Then he should have the bars he wants and needs..
Simple,, NO, but it should help keep other from having to buy more than one set of bars.. Also make sure they meet the laws of U state and they are not tooooo HIgh....

late though, He might also look into Forward controls...

No better way to find out where the bars should be...then just a matter of finding what look he wants that will get the grips in the right position.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by what_the?!
Originally Posted by jam436
..left-click the username, right-click "send private message..."
You have to be a forum member for 5 days and have sent 5 posts before you have the ability to private message or post pictures.