Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saddlebag guards

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 AM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default saddlebag guards

I'm looking to get saddlebag guards for my 2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic. I have quick a quick detach,lockable kit on my saddlebags. Will the guards still fit? Thanks in advance....

Old 12-26-2012, 07:29 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,880 Likes on 21,305 Posts

Try eBay

Old 12-26-2012, 07:53 AM
skiddd
Supporter

I'm going to, just wanted to know if they fit with the quick release......

Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,880 Likes on 21,305 Posts

They should. I really don't know why they wouldn't.
Is your quick release stuff in the way, or?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skiddd
I'm looking to get saddlebag guards for my 2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic. I have quick a quick detach,lockable kit on my saddlebags. Will the guards still fit? Thanks in advance....
HD or after market?
HD has the fitments in the catalog or you could ask the local HD dealer parts department as for aftermarket they should have the fitments information also in there catalog.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Often, with the H-D QR mounts installed, the saddlebags are pushed outwards from the bike creating an interference with the inside of the saddlebag guards. Not ideal.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:32 PM
skiddd
Supporter

Originally Posted by SprungDave
Often, with the H-D QR mounts installed, the saddlebags are pushed outwards from the bike creating an interference with the inside of the saddlebag guards. Not ideal.

That's what I was hoping to find out, if the bags came out too far from the fender. They come off the fender at least an inch and a half........ Grrrrrrrrrr

Old 12-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,857 Likes on 4,111 Posts

Originally Posted by skiddd
I had the opposite concern. I have the saddlebag guards on a 2012 Heritage and have been hesitant to purchase the QR kit because of fitment concerns. The HD P&A catalog indicates that the HD QR kit does not work with saddlebag guards or passenger footboards.

I started a thread about this 5 weeks ago:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/824283-what-were-they-thinking.html

After inquiring, I believe the major concern is NOT so much that the saddlebags are off the fender too far but the lower saddlebag support arm on the QR kit will contact the lower portion of the saddlebag guard. The lower saddlebag support arm on the QR kit comes off at a different angle than the stock lower saddlebag support arm.

Still, I will likely purchase the QR kit. If the lower saddlebag support arm contacts the saddlebag guard I will have a new lower saddlebag support arm fabricated, welded on and either powdercoated or chromed.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 PM
skiddd
Supporter

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
I had the opposite concern. I have the saddlebag guards on a 2012 Heritage and have been hesitant to purchase the QR kit because of fitment concerns. The HD P&A catalog indicates that the HD QR kit does not work with saddlebag guards or passenger footboards.

I started a thread about this 5 weeks ago:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/824283-what-were-they-thinking.html

After inquiring, I believe the major concern is NOT so much that the saddlebags are off the fender too far but the lower saddlebag support arm on the QR kit will contact the lower portion of the saddlebag guard. The lower saddlebag support arm on the QR kit comes off at a different angle than the stock lower saddlebag support arm.

Still, I will likely purchase the QR kit. If the lower saddlebag support arm contacts the saddlebag guard I will have a new lower saddlebag support arm fabricated, welded on and either powdercoated or chromed.

The quick release brackets I have on my bags are only mounted to the top of the bags, nothing hangs down at all. I'll try and post a pic of them....

Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 PM
skiddd
Supporter

saddlebag guards-840-0017_a.jpg

Here's the bracket I have.

Quick Reply: saddlebag guards