Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback wheels on a Slim?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:49 AM
fergml
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switchback wheels on a Slim?

Anyone know if the Switchback wheels will fit a Slim? Would I need new bearings, spacers, or can i use a standard HD install kit?

Also, any issues with the using my Slim rotors mounted on the Switchback wheels?

Looking to do more of a muscle car look and feel on my Slim versus the 16" wheels with beefy tires.

While I'm asking, will the Switchback front fender mount up to my Slim without modification?

Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by fergml
Anyone know if the Switchback wheels will fit a Slim? Would I need new bearings, spacers, or can i use a standard HD install kit?

Also, any issues with the using my Slim rotors mounted on the Switchback wheels?

Looking to do more of a muscle car look and feel on my Slim versus the 16" wheels with beefy tires.

While I'm asking, will the Switchback front fender mount up to my Slim without modification?
..I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Old 01-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ferg: I like those wheels and get what you're wanting to do. I tossed around the idea of throwing a switchback rear wheel on mine for the same hot rod look. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 PM
weelo88
Cruiser

Front rotor is specific to the dyna line up, rear should be the same. So to answer your question the rear will will as long as you aren't running any wider then a 160 rear tire, however the front would require the wheel and rotor from a switchback. And IMO the front fender would look horrible along side of the slims rear fender.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:37 PM
fergml
Advanced

Originally Posted by jam436
..I just threw up a little in my mouth...
Ha... To each their own. I've never been a big fan of spoke wheels, no matter the bike.

I've been going back and forth on the bobbed front fender. Provides no rain protection and IMO does nothing for the looks. I'll either nix it or add something to complement the fatter front end.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 PM
weelo88
Cruiser

Just add a standard fat boy front fender if you feel the need for more fender up front.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 PM
fergml
Advanced

Originally Posted by weelo88
Just add a standard fat boy front fender if you feel the need for more fender up front.
I'm with ya'. Plus it would be nice to bolt up something that is already denim black! Have not had much luck with my local paint shops the past couple projects.

Know of any quality aftermarket companies that offer fenders pre-painted?

Old 01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
weelo88
Cruiser

Best bet is just surf eBay. I know there's a set of switchback wheels on there cause I was considering picking up just a rear for my springer

Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Please no...just....please....no

Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Ha... To each their own. I've never been a big fan of spoke wheels, no matter the bike.

I've been going back and forth on the bobbed front fender. Provides no rain protection and IMO does nothing for the looks. I'll either nix it or add something to complement the fatter front end.
..just pulling yer chain.
I had a Switchback last summer and that didn't work out so well.
I wouldn't want to be reminded by putting those parts on a Slim...

All that matters is whether or not you like it.

Quick Reply: Switchback wheels on a Slim?