Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 AM
cgmartine
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Alarm?

On a 2006 Heritage Classic. Can you help me identify if this is the alarm. This has a red led light that stays on when I turn the key to run the engine. It is located on the frame, slightly above the crash bars. I tend to believe it is the audible speaker of the alarm system, but I can't get that part to work. The alarm system appears to be working, but there is no sound from the alarm. Can you guide me?

Last edited by cgmartine; 04-20-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fixing or stealing???

Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

I'm not sure if the factory 06 alarm is different than my 09 but I don't have that box on my 09. The alarm light is on my speedo. I will note that I have the upgraded speedo-tach.

Also the speaker on my 09 is located on the underside rear of the frame in front of the rear tire behind the splash shield. I installed two $4 Radio Shack speakers instead of the Stealer $80 one, but that's where the factory connector and the speaker mount is located.

If what you show in the pic is an alarm, then perhaps your 06 didn't come with one and somebody install an aftermarket one or perhaps in 06 Harley did it different on the 09s.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

My 06 is like Bluraven described. Speaker is behind splash guard in front of rear tire. The owners manual tells you how to setup the sensitivity and code with your turn signal switches. Their is a thread on how to add the radio shack speaker. Worth the $5 and some time.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:53 PM
cgmartine
Road Master
Default Alarm and Fod

I read in another thread that if I have the fod in close proximity to the bike, that the alarm will not activate when disturbed. Tomorrow I will activate the alarm and keep the fod a considerable distance. Maybe that will tell me what this gizmo is for. I do know at least part of it is working because the little alarm icon starts blinking on the dash when the alarm is on. Thx.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

That is not a stock Harley alarm. My 02 (same as 06) has the module behind teh splash guard. There is no light. It seems someone got creative with your bike.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaRide
My 06 is like Bluraven described. Speaker is behind splash guard in front of rear tire. The owners manual tells you how to setup the sensitivity and code with your turn signal switches. Their is a thread on how to add the radio shack speaker. Worth the $5 and some time.
Here the thread about installing the Radio Shack siron:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-how-to-2.html

Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 AM
cgmartine
Road Master

Ok. I tried keeping the fob a considerable ways away. No sound from the alarm. If I shake the motorcycle or turn the ignition switch, both turn signals and the headlight starts to flash, plus the ignition is disabled, but that's about all. I tend to believe it is a HD alarm because there is an icon in the speedometer that flashes when it is on. Can the audible part be disabled?

Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless it was specifically equipped with the optional siren, it will not make any noise. The basic stock "alarm" is only a security system that disables the ignition and flashes the signals when disturbed. The siren was an extra option for the security system. Not sure what that box on the tubes is, maybe a fake alarm using the red light as a deterent? As was said above, the optional siren was located in front of the splash guard.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by cgmartine
Ok. I tried keeping the fob a considerable ways away. No sound from the alarm. If I shake the motorcycle or turn the ignition switch, both turn signals and the headlight starts to flash, plus the ignition is disabled, but that's about all. I tend to believe it is a HD alarm because there is an icon in the speedometer that flashes when it is on. Can the audible part be disabled?
The "audible" portion of the alarm is nothing more then a small cheap speaker that has been mentioned several times.

Quick Reply: Alarm?