Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two up and Cholo's

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Two up and Cholo's

Thanks to a bunch of great posts and M&M Cycles great $675 delivered to your door price, I am now the owner of some kick *** 36 inch Cholo exhaust pipes. I hope I did not act tooooo rash in my purchase, as it only struck me AFTER I bought them that I ride two up quite often. I mean, like A LOT! My suspension is mostly stock but for some lowering bolts, currently set at about one inch lower than stock. So my question is........ do you think the 36 inch mini Cholo's will give me any big issues when I ride two up, or are they called "mini" for a reason. Cholo guys, help me out here.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just where your gal puts her feet. That left pipe might be trouble from the looks of it.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM
aniceplace
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be following. I always wondered if the passenger's left foot would be too close for comfort to the cross-over pipe.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,857 Likes on 4,111 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Thanks to a bunch of great posts and M&M Cycles great $675 delivered to your door price, I am now the owner of some kick *** 36 inch Cholo exhaust pipes. I hope I did not act tooooo rash in my purchase, as it only struck me AFTER I bought them that I ride two up quite often. I mean, like A LOT! My suspension is mostly stock but for some lowering bolts, currently set at about one inch lower than stock. So my question is........ do you think the 36 inch mini Cholo's will give me any big issues when I ride two up, or are they called "mini" for a reason. Cholo guys, help me out here.
Technically, Cholos are the name of Samson's 39" pipes. Therefore, the 36's are referred to as mini Cholos.

Enjoy your new Samsons. I guarantee you will love the look. The sound will even make your neighbors smile. Also, there's nothing like having a babe on the back enjoying the ride with you.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,857 Likes on 4,111 Posts

Originally Posted by aniceplace
I'll be following. I always wondered if the passenger's left foot would be too close for comfort to the cross-over pipe.
I ride two up with the wife quite often and she has not had one problem with the crossover pipe on the left. The heat shield extends below the footboard. I don't know if footboards make a difference over pegs???

2012 Heritage with Samson 28.5" TD crossovers [S3-431]

Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You will be good.... May scrape a little while hitting steep driveways ect... No big deal though... and thats with my 39"ers... So with 36"ers even more clearence...

Goodluck!!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
jsimmons6703
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems here with 33s.. I do have floorboards for the wife though..

Old 02-18-2013, 07:29 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for all the fast replies guys. Please let me be a little more clear. At the risk of sounding crass, I don't give a $HIT whether my wife likes or doesn't like the heat! My only concern is that her added weight will cause the pipes to drag on the ground when hitting big potholes, or in sharp turns. Trashing these new pipes because I'm toting my wife will really bum me out. Having to spend an additional 400 bucks swapping to the shorter extensions because of it, will downright ruin my freakin' day.

All your replies are exactly why I hope the 36 Mini's, instead of the full cholo's, is the right call. Thanks again!!! It sounds like I will be fine.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 02-18-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

[Results may vary] Just do what I did... tell her she's too fat to ride on the back, and pull off and ditch the pillion & rear foot pegs. [/Results may vary]

(Actually, I just bought her her own ride!)

Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

I did yzergod, but even with her own bike, she still likes to ride with my ugly self. HA! Not sure why, but she does. And as long as I have to deal with her as a passenger, I need to get the bike set up for us both. Hopefully I am just being premature, and when the time comes, the exhaust works out fine. If not, WTH right. Its only money

Quick Reply: Two up and Cholo's