Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with my 2012 FLSTC dash

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
redmosquito1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tank didnt change the fuel pump cover did. They use different mounting points to hold the dash. I can take a picture tomorrow when I get home to show you what I'm talking about. To change the fuel pump covers is only about $150 new and much cheaper in eBay. Then you should be able to mount any dash you have.

I might be willing to trade my 12 cover for your 12 cateye dash if the chrome is in good shape.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Mberlin74
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bike has only 50 miles on it and has been in starage since last September. The dash is pristine! I'd be willing to take a look at what you're talking about. Could you send me some more info about the fuel pump cover and what I can do to change it to enable the use of other dash panels? thanks redmosquito1

Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Mberlin74
Cruiser

Hey ShortsNSandals that's a really sweet bike!! Love the seat too! Is it a La Para Sihouette Bullet Solo? The dash panel is also really nice looking.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Mberlin74
Cruiser

Just talked to a different guy than usual at my local HD dealer. He did some research and called me back and basically said that I dont even have to change the fuel pump cover and that a longer nut and bolt would be all I need to be able to switch to the older style dash. They quoted me 323.00 for the dash, the longer nut and bolt, the l.e.d. indicator bar and a ball milled full tank extension. I asked that if by chance it ended up not fitting correctly what then. He said they'd take it all back. Maybe gonna try to just get the nut and bolt for now, and see about trading my cat's eye style dash for an older style or finding a used older style dash that's for sale. redmosquito1 pm me if you're interested in a trade.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mberlin74
Hey ShortsNSandals that's a really sweet bike!! Love the seat too! Is it a La Para Sihouette Bullet Solo? The dash panel is also really nice looking.
Thanks, the seat is from a new high end V Twin company call Hard Drive, they are made by the same people who make Other brands seats. They just hit the market. Check with your local Indy dealer.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Mberlin74
Cruiser

Cool i've never heard of them yet. What's your take on the seat so far? What did you have before?

Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 PM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mberlin74
Cool i've never heard of them yet. What's your take on the seat so far? What did you have before?
Great quality and fit. Sits you low and feels great. I had the stock heritage seat until this one.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 PM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced

Check out hard drive parts on Facebook.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Mberlin74
Cruiser

Definitely will! I love the look of the La Para seats but keep hearing they look amazing but dont sit as comfy as the mustang seats. SO from what I can tell its looks with moderate comfort over comfy with moderate looks. I'll be interested to read up on Hard Drive and hope it's not relly a hard drive!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:37 AM
nickybandy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash

I have the same bike same problem with dash an the parts man looked into the low dash an found out that the bolt is mounted wrong but this you could change that but the big problem is the light bar is led an wont fit good luck an let me know how you make out

Quick Reply: Need some help with my 2012 FLSTC dash