Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best all around armored textile jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 AM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

look at Power Trip mesh jackets for summer riding.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I was blown away by the quality and price of the Speed & Strength stuff. Have a couple that we love!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Marquezj16
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Joe Rocket I use to ride into work (reflective/bright color). I also own a HD jacket (black/orange with reflectice strips) for cruising around. The Joe Rocket lets in more air as it has a more mesh like material. The HD has air vents you can zip open. Both have liners. The HD is better for keeping out the cold.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Flyn G
Novice

I have a Vanson Leathers Vent Max Jacket. I wear this jacket for most of the riding season here in Arkansas. The summers here are brutally hot and humid. It doesn't help at stop lights or on the interstate in rush hour traffic, but out of traffic above 30MPH it feels like it disappears. I fortunately haven't had to really "use" it but the leather backed pads seem a bit more substantial than some of the other jackets I looked at. On cooler mornings, I put a thin softshell windbreaker underneath it. Works great.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Liberator
Have a Rev'IT! Air from a few years ago that's pretty damn nice. Amazing airflow and protection and quality build. I believe that model is now called the Airwave. I'd stay away from black if you're wanting to be cool in the summer! There's relatively subdued mostly gray one they make now that doesn't really look like a crotch rocket jacket. Go one size larger too as it's more euro sizing. Only problem is it's like $200 but that's some good quality **** right there.
I have the Rev'It Air also and it is definitely worth the $... South Texas gets hot as hell and humid to boot here on the coast, this jacket has great airflow, which was my #1 priority when I did all my research.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM
cosshog
Tourer

first gear kathmandu, just upgraded to it from a fieldsheer that lasted 10yrs and loved it. Kathmandu so comfortable it doesn't even feel like a armored jacket.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Pravda
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Liberator
Have a Rev'IT! Air from a few years ago that's pretty damn nice. Amazing airflow and protection and quality build. I believe that model is now called the Airwave. I'd stay away from black if you're wanting to be cool in the summer! There's relatively subdued mostly gray one they make now that doesn't really look like a crotch rocket jacket. Go one size larger too as it's more euro sizing. Only problem is it's like $200 but that's some good quality **** right there.
+1 for Rev'IT Air.
Very comfortable, protective and great airflow. Ive had mine for over 7 years now, might be a bit pricey but for me, its worth it.

Check out the reviews and video below.http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airwave-jacket

Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Krieg
Cruiser

I wear a Dainese Air-Flux Tex. Lightweight, very cool even in 90+ weather, and the armor is second to none. It's all black but it still has a hint of a crotch rocket suit, but I stopped caring what people think about me years ago... so that's not an issue for me. http://www.dainese.com/us_en/review/...stomer-reviews

Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
_aaron
Cruiser

I just got a tourmaster draft air 2. I like it so far, runs big.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 PM
redmosquito1
Tourer

Go to sportbiketrackgear.com and look around. They sell a lot of textile jackets with pretty good discounts as some may be from previous model years but who cares. They carry just about every quality brand out there, A-Stars, Speed and Strength, RS Taichi, Rev'It, Dianese, the list goes on and on. They also have video reviews and are absolutely awesome people to deal with, I live locally and have been to the shop several times and always loved going there. They will BS with you forever, give you a tour of their massive warehouse, whatever.

Mostly sport bike stuff but they do have more casual cruiser textile stuff. Their slogan is "If we won't ride it we won't sell it" in other words they only sell quality stuff. Just about the entire staff races crotch rockets and they don't mess around with their gear so to me that speaks a volumes.

I have personal experience with the now defunct Shift brand, laid down my touring bike at 70+ and while it was trashed I was fine, and STG carries some Shift stuff still as they bought a ton of it when they stopped making it. I have a joe rockit and I am not a fan, only wore a few times prior to getting a killer deal on a Speed and Strength leather (also from STG) but the stitching was popping all over the place on it.

Ok, off my soap box now.

Quick Reply: Best all around armored textile jacket