Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:49 PM
texfatboy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: engine misfire

hey haze i live weat of fort worth in weatherford dont get over big d very often, most of my riding is possum kingdom aera. and down towards hill country. but when i get the puppy fixed maybe we could ride. hopefully this weekend i get her runnning right again

Old 02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
purple haze
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haveyou fixed bike yet?

Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
texfatboy
Cruiser

nope haze, check out my post on engine missfire update. replaced intake seals, plugs, drained fuel, replace filters. still has bad pop. like crossed plug wires. have fault code po372 in ecm module. i am very puzzled. but will try a cam sensor today when i get home. thanks for asking. sure could use some advice

Old 02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
purple haze
Road Master

man that suck's, if you want to take it to dealer, go to new harley shop in FT.WORTH , head to cow town and exit south 820, and hell can't think of exit but I think just mile or less, it well be own your left, and if don't see it maybe little farther , hell call them up use search engine and find dealer's in area , but ask for Russell , he was service manager, last time I was there, but it's like musical chair's at D.F.W harley dealer's, it's like hatfield & Macoy's ,they feud all time , and steal each other's good help, so he is not rip off guy, good ole boy, and he want steal you blind. GOOD LUCK.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/C16D10F6806B43CABC4796F08B5F0009.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-27-2007, 12:01 PM
texfatboy
Cruiser

yep haze,thats the dealer i bought the bike from. may have to take it there, sure hate yo pay those high prices, but i gat to get this thing straightend out.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Tex
I also had the popping and backfiring thru my pipes. But what
was really bothering me was the backfiring thru the carb. For
the pipes. My dealer tried readjusting the carb since there
where no leaks anywhere. Helped a little but still there. They
said that maybe I was letting off the throttle too fast which
was causing more backfires and poppingthan usual. Whatever.
For the carb. They eventually changed the carb thinking that
was the problem. Stilldid it. I then changed to a Mikuni HSR 42.
Still does it but much less. My mechanic has been saying from
the begining that it was something to do with the timing ofone
of thecylinders and that the Daytona Twin Tech ignition module
would fix the problem since youable toplay with the timing. Something to do with a cylinder firing and one of the valves is still slightly open which causes the backfiring thru the carb. So I just bought the ignition module yesterday hoping that will be the problem. I'll let you know if it fixes the carb problem when he
installs it and we put it on the dyno.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 AM
purple haze
Road Master

Man I hate to see your bike giving you problem's, if you need help getting it to shop , i'm retired allready did 25yrs. for S.B.C (AT&T) so have time on hand's, company going thru change's gave me option for early retirement and I took it, wife say's I look 10yrs younger, but if you want e-mail me and i'll e-mail number if you need some help getting it there, sorry guy just not a wrench on these new bike's, could work little on my superglide, that was oil change's ,adjusting chain, just basic stuff they charge you hundred's of dollar's now. Oh well let me know what you need, i'll try to lend hand.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/18CD19D2DF7C4109852E098C55F2F58E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2007, 12:48 AM
purple haze
Road Master

Hey crazy, beautiful sled!!!! Just right

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/7DFD2E0CD86B4571BD32E1BEBECA2AC1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2007, 10:31 AM
texfatboy
Cruiser

thanks haze. i havent givin up yet. last night pulled some codes form the speedometer. u 1016. i can get it to the shop if need be. i work as a tech, at a auto repair shop and we have a trailer just hate that i cant fix it myself. wont be able to do anything today since im going to see clapton tonight a a.a.c.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 PM
purple haze
Road Master

HEY TEX, your hard on brother, to be able to go see guitar god ERIC CLAPTON, hope he give's good show, let me know how he does, I have heard at time's not to good because he had bad drinking problem ,then I heard heroin and other drug's, but if he is clean i'd love to see him in person, I think he still mourn'syoung son's death, hell most have been 20yrs ago, kid fell off patio in penthouse apartment, I think at least 10 story's or more, it really did number on his head, but who would not mourn for son dying horrible death as that, but man i'm so old I still have CREAM album, he is a master at guitar, and I remember he stoled George Harrison's wife from him, oh well at leastI'm still able to remember all that stuff, boy i'm old as dirt, but when i'm riding my fat boy going down highway no traffic twist the wick and I feel alive!!!!!!!! have to cruise at least 70mph or more, do wish had 6 speed, but have heard 07's 6 speed's are giving some people problem's, hell it seem's like yesterday riding 4 speed,also keep me up on your bike's progress, maybe you could show me around Possum Kingdom, heard very beautiful country, so ran my mouth enough have great time at concert.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/1E4ABD0874A9439497FD14C97660DA71.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: engine misfire