Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Slim spotlight bar issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Jerm83
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Slim spotlight bar issue

I have a 12 softail slim. I want to put spotlights on it like several here have. I ordered a spotlight bar for a FLSTC model but it says it fits all FLST models which should include the fatboy FLSTF. When i went to install it, it would not fit. It hits the headlight plate on the bottom. My dad has a 12 FLSTC and we pulled his light bar off and it fit his without issue. I tried his factory light bar on my Slim/ same issue. When you look at the plate behind the headlight, the bottom of the plate on his is indented for the bar and mine is no. All aftermarket light bars I see say that they fit the heritage and the fatboy.. but my search on harley's website shows that the only light bar for the slim will only fit the slim and fatboy. Any thoughts on this? I want the v-style light bar, but at this point I will get what i can get. I already have the lights and the wiring, so I do not need a kit like they sell. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerm83
I have a 12 softail slim. I want to put spotlights on it like several here have. I ordered a spotlight bar for a FLSTC model but it says it fits all FLST models which should include the fatboy FLSTF. When i went to install it, it would not fit. It hits the headlight plate on the bottom. My dad has a 12 FLSTC and we pulled his light bar off and it fit his without issue. I tried his factory light bar on my Slim/ same issue. When you look at the plate behind the headlight, the bottom of the plate on his is indented for the bar and mine is no. All aftermarket light bars I see say that they fit the heritage and the fatboy.. but my search on harley's website shows that the only light bar for the slim will only fit the slim and fatboy. Any thoughts on this? I want the v-style light bar, but at this point I will get what i can get. I already have the lights and the wiring, so I do not need a kit like they sell. Any help would be appreciated.
I used this one, fit like a glove...

Auxiliary Lighting Kit - p/n 68000026

Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Jerm83
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the one i saw but I was hoping to get a v style. Can you take a picture of the bottom of the light where the bar goes by the plate? Does it touch the plate at all?