Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speakers for fatboy lo

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:40 PM
me29
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default speakers for fatboy lo

I am looking for ideas for handlebar speaker systems. Thoughts on the best out there?

Old 05-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default tunes

Ya know maybe it's not what you want to hear and for sure isn't what you were looking for but in the end when your hair turns gray you maybe will still have hearing. I've had three dressers in the last 21 years and they all had tunes but have hardly used them after the first few trips of any distance. Always had fairly open exhausts and especially with all the fiberglass on the dressers it was loud in the seat. I've used ear plugs for 30 years to keep the ringing down after a full days ride and found I had to crank the stereo up so high I really didn't get the sound spectrum even with souped up audio systems. At 70+most all you hear is a big roar anyway. Around town it was ok but just ok. Take the time to get some custom fitted ear plugs and fill them with three or four speakers and you'll be blown away by the sound quality. I find I barely have to turn them up to take in the tunes from bike off to bike on. I can still hear the bikes operation somewhat listening for any changes meaning problems. I've actually heard the lyrics on songs I thought were ok and deleted them because of content not to my liking. And what brings this on. I have a totally deaf Father who lost his hearing running heavy equipment, hunting partners blowing his ear out, and sometimes being an idiot himself. He lives in an isolated world and I write my conversations with him. I's difficult and it hurts to see him isolated from the conversation when there's more than one.