Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout with Apes

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah bike is lookin good,, moving the turn signals and getting some better looking mirrors would clean up the grip area and look better

Old 05-25-2013, 09:02 AM
marsbar
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good

Old 05-25-2013, 10:37 AM
dakotared
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Excellent!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:42 AM
texaszman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Well, mini apes. Sacrilege? I had 18's on my '04 Heritage and guess I'm gettin' old. Being 6'6" the stock bars would not work for me at all. I thought the offset risers would detract from the lines and look, but its growing on me (plus they are beefy risers). Ness 3" fwd control extensions, heavy breather. Bassani slip on's was a perfect match that allowed me to use the stock heat shields. Let the flaming begin...
Man those pics are gonna make a friend of mine buy a Breakout.... lol

Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Dark lo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks nice and original with those. Hows the ride?

Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I saw the title of this thread and thought, well that will look stupid. I am glad to say I was very wrong. Nice looking ride.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:36 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
Well, mini apes. Sacrilege? I had 18's on my '04 Heritage and guess I'm gettin' old. Being 6'6" the stock bars would not work for me at all. I thought the offset risers would detract from the lines and look, but its growing on me (plus they are beefy risers). Ness 3" fwd control extensions, heavy breather. Bassani slip on's was a perfect match that allowed me to use the stock heat shields. Let the flaming begin...
I think it looks damn good. Good job.
In the end though, it's whether you like it or not that's the only thing that really matters...

Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the bars, but ditch those risers!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How do you like the Bassani, how the sound compared to stock? Any chance you can do a video clip with the sound? As for the Apes, I'm not familiar with them enough to understand the year generation or style bike they came from back in the days but it looks like it would be a bitch to ride like that, is it?

Btw I have the same bike and color and love mine! Congrats!

Old 05-25-2013, 02:52 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Knucky
I like the bars, but ditch those risers!
Let me tell you about the hell I went through to find a set of risers: spent weeks trying to figure something out but the bike was too new when I bought it and parts were till an unknown.
With apes I prefer a straight riser as opposed to offset so I bought Harley's 12 in. Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar Kit with Riser-56832-04B. The riser height of this kit is the same height as stock, only it is straight and not offset like stock. Soon after the moco released part num 55800252 which are 14" apes I believe. The kit comes with a 2" riser, I think it's the same as the cvo withe the speedo bucket on the riser as opposed to the clamp on the non cvo.

A few notes about 12 in. Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar Kit with Riser-56832-04B - the bars are satin black, and the riser/clamp is gloss black. Makes no sense to me why the finish is different. Also, the riser will not work with the FXSB stock top clamp. The stock clamp has a skirt on it in the front that interferes with the kit's riser because the riser also has a skirt.
Ultimately, the setup reminds me of the older dyna wide glide, only it runs and rides like a softail. Pure joy!

Quick Reply: Breakout with Apes