Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat for Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
8upguitarman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one of the worst I have ever seen

Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 PM
texaszman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lgenf
wow that's ugly
+1 on the Ugly. Maybe even two or three.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:23 PM
crawlgsx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 504ENGINEER
One of the first things I did was remove the passenger pad and tape. I've been looking for a nice solo seat with no luck. Also on the backorder list (6/12 to 6/24 expected) at fuelmoto for the big radius. Just got to have patience things will come.
That is what I did. Problem is now there is pretty much zero back/back of butt support. Pretty easy hammering on it to slide right off the back on to the bolts/fender lol.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
HRCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
This bike is not made for two up riding, I just attempted that over the weekend and due to the chopped fender the passenger is jammed up your a$$ so far you might as well chew on your handlebars. It makes me regret trading in my heritage. Save your money on the solo seat, too, I wish I did.
I'm going to have to second that. I have the H-D Sundowner rider and Sundowner passenger seat, plus I also have the sissy bar back rest. After a long ride, my wife is ready to freak out. We are both squished. Her A$$ is up against the sissy bar. Her legs are spread out to go around my waist. Me, I'm pushing myself forward as much as I can just so I can give her extra room. Granted my wife is not a stick, but she is quit short and small and still very little room for two up. Good thing she has her own H-D.

As far as that corbin seat for the breakout...looks like that seat fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. If was a millionare and bored with my money I would buy all of those seats and burn them so no Breakout owner would ever have to be caught using one.

Last edited by HRCH; 06-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 PM
cosshog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love corbin seats but that.... not even sure comfort could over come that look.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 AM
HRCH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
I keep searching hoping someone will release a nice solo seat for the Breakout :-/.

Is the "sundowner solo seat" any different than the stock seat with the passenger pad removed? i cant see the difference based on the picture.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...wner-solo-seat
The HD rider Sundowner seat is wider and has thicker padding in the rear section of the seat. In other words the Sundowner seat will give you more padding and better support. I have both passenger and rider HD Sundowner seat on my Breakout and I do highly recommend it. However, the stock passenger pillion will not fit behind the rider Sundowner seat.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Tahitijah
Advanced

Seriously , someone at Corbin was payed to design that ???

Old 06-06-2013, 04:37 AM
crawlgsx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HRCH
The HD rider Sundowner seat is wider and has thicker padding in the rear section of the seat. In other words the Sundowner seat will give you more padding and better support. I have both passenger and rider HD Sundowner seat on my Breakout and I do highly recommend it. However, the stock passenger pillion will not fit behind the rider Sundowner seat.
Awesome thanks!

Old 06-06-2013, 02:43 PM
baimo
Tourer

Originally Posted by HRCH

I had a sundowner on my slim and it looked to wide for the bike s I bought my Corbin solo and pillion. Love them. Sure looks different than the Corbin breakout seat

Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Had a Corbin on my chopper and it was very comfortable, but that seat is just plain fugly.

Quick Reply: New seat for Breakout