Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Solo Bag Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:49 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Arrow Softail Solo / Swingarm Bag Pics...Hard Or Soft, It's All Good!!!

Post up pics of any solo bags you guys got. I'm just looking for ideas to have one made up. Looking for ones on Fatboy Lo's mainly, but all are welcome. I'm curious to see what some look like that are rectangular in size instead of trapezoid etc. I'm thinking rectangular would look kind of big compared to the ones that flow with the softail frame. Post dimensions as Weill if you know them. Right now I'm thinking of ordering one from badge customs since they offer different shapes and plastic buckles along with many other options.

Thanks!

*Added Info below To Help Others*

All holes are 5/16"-18 thread

Length of studs I made that worked well for me:

Top left stud 2 1/2" long
Bottom left stud 2 1/8" long
Top right stud 2 1/8" long

Center to center spacing from bolt to bolt:

Top left to top right stud hole 4 1/8"
Top left to bottom left stud hole 7 13/16"

The size of the backing plates will depend on the size of the bag you're using & how well you want to keep the plate hidden. If I were making the stand offs (studs) after reading this post I would make each of my studs 1/4" longer & then cut them down if / where needed. Center to center spacing is what I came up with using my tape measure, but HD's manufacturing tolerances or my tape measure skills could be slightly off. I drilled the holes in both my backplate and inside plate a bit larger so the studs slipped through nicely, but not to loose. I also used a locknut and blue loctite on the top left stud that needs a nut on the backside. I then used a combination of lock nuts or lock washers on everything else along with blue lactate to help ensure anything from coming loose. I would have used nice acorn nuts on the inside of the bag, but found they protruded further out then using lock nuts.

Bolts could almost be used easy enough instead of threaded rod on at least the top left hole. But to find 5/16" bolts 2" long with threads all the way up will probably require a trip to fastenal / hardware store, or a die to cut more threads on to the existing bolt laying around in ones garage.

Some helpful info added by Midgard (post #54 in this thread) (I believe the blogger meant to say 5/16", not 15/16"):

http://www.chasinwhitelines.blogspot...max-results=10

A pre made setup by Dead Creek Cycles (nice looking setup):

http://www.deadcreekcycles.com/Dead-...ls_p_1099.html

Last edited by load97; 06-30-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:09 AM
_aaron
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll post up some pics of mine after work this afternoon. It is on a heritage and it is a La Rosa. I know everyone hates them for some reason, but the bag does exactly what I need it to do.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:54 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks. I read a La Rosa thread in this forum, but it was more talking than pictures. Like you said, they get beat up on here too lol.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM
dproto09
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I have a slim and I'm also in the market for a cool looking bag for a softail. Everyone seem to love garage leather and leather works. My friend Leather work quality is really good. For now I have a leather tool bag strap to the side of my swing arm.

Also not to high jack the thread but does anyone have pictures of a hard bag swingarm bag? I think I seen people make one out of a ammo box.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Hard bag pics would be great as well! Custom metal ones could be made lockable too I suppose.

I'm curious what bags looks like with just an angled top or just an angled bottom as most have the top and bottom if there bags angled. Ill probably do a quick cardboard mockup at home tonight.

Last edited by load97; 06-12-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
CanuckSlim
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the HD solo. I had a Lick's on my previous bike but couldn't wait so got the HD. Good quality and I think this shape fits the best with the frame of the bike. Interested to see what you are thinking of as far as rectangular goes.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A lot of ppl here are happy with the Leatherworks swingarm bag
Including myself
I opted for the 5inch width, quality leather and surprisingly has enough room for the essentials.

-

Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LeatherWorks

Attached Thumbnails Softail Solo Bag Pics-photo9.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 PM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Leatherworks 3 inch.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:19 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm thinking how dizzys bag in pic above might look if it was t angled at the top. Looks like it would follow the line of the belt guard instead of the frame. Whi h would probably look nice too and add a little bit space.

Quick Reply: Softail Solo Bag Pics