Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spectro in all 3 holes - seems great

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Spectro in all 3 holes - seems great

Yeah I know, yet another oil thread. Anyway, tonight I switched over my 103 FLSTN from dino to Spectro synthetic in all 3 holes (coincidentally, it was a 3 beer job). I used Platinum HD full synthetic 20w50 for the engine, HD Primary chaincase oil for the primary, and the Platinum HD 6 speed synthetic 75w140 for the trans.

Started her up, went for a ride and I'm actually impressed at the difference. Gear shifts are buttery smooth, the 6 speed has little to no gear whine, and I cannot hear the lifters at all over the exhaust note at idle unless I put my ear right up to the top end. And I don't know if it's just me imagining things but I seem to be getting significantly less gurgling on decel - maybe the synth is slipperier creating less engine braking on decel - just a thought. Also, I've been tracking my oil temp on dino, so I'll compare it with the Spectro to see if there's any difference at all over the next couple of weeks and post what I find out.

Anyway, just wanted to let folks know that if you're considering switching over from dino that there really do seem to be some immediately noticeable benefits to doing so. The only real downside I see so far is that my wallet is quite a bit lighter, it's about $80 to fill all 3 holes.