Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vicla builds

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm out in the middle of nowhere and only see them in great numbers at the Laughlin River Run.
Most of the license plates are California.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Scootluver
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just do what you want bro and just ride!!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Arrogant Bastard
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootluver
Just do what you want bro and just ride!!!!
Couldn't have said it better myself....

I'm making my bike look the way I want it to, I don't give a rat's a$$ if somebody doesn't agree with my personal style. My bike looking the way I want it to just makes me want to ride it that much more! But I have noticed A LOT more heads turning my way when they hear me roaring past them, and a lot of smiles as well.

Last edited by Arrogant Bastard; 06-24-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 PM
SwiftyBKells
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My theory, and before you all starting getting pissy, I know there are always a few exceptions.

I love the vicla style & switching my bike over to it this winter. but a majority of people who put that much money, chrome, & candy into their bikes don't ride them like they deserve & that's why you don't see a lot of them out....a bunch of garage queens...

I better repeat myself cause I know its comin, there are a few exceptions.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftyBKells
My theory, and before you all starting getting pissy, I know there are always a few exceptions.

I love the vicla style & switching my bike over to it this winter. but a majority of people who put that much money, chrome, & candy into their bikes don't ride them like they deserve & that's why you don't see a lot of them out....a bunch of garage queens...

I better repeat myself cause I know its comin, there are a few exceptions.
I think that's the general perception too - but not necessarily the reality. For instance, mine's a 13 with 5k on the clock already so she can't be sitting around too much.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I know when I built mine, I lived in TN and nobody had ever seen anything like it. I would pull into a gas station and would be covered up with people taking pics. Every once in a while I would get some negative comments like Im trying to be Mexican or a wanna be gangster, then I would loose my temper. Then my 6'6'' 270lb frame would get all pissed and irritated. Because for me, my bike had nothing to do with RACE, it was just a personal expression. I was trying to put my personal FLAIR on it, and some people didnt like that, but at the end of the day, it was my money and MY BIKE.

Seems like people just cant accept a good looking bike or they just get jealous.

Had some DIE HARD riders, that I rode with, and they asked for advice and opinions all the time on what to do to their sleds. Seems like they were just content with how it came from the factory, and there is nothing wrong with that, but you can add little touches here and there and really make it yours.

Mine wasnt exactly a typical "VICLA" style either, but it had some touches. I just tried to think outside the box and tried to keep it black and chrome. But, this site really gave me ALOT of ideas on what I wanted to do.

So, to anyone thinking about what to do to THEIR bike, just go with it. Its your dime and if someone doesnt like it, or says something negative on here or in public, just tell them to get bent. Whatever makes you happy is all that matters brothers.

Last edited by CountryD; 06-25-2013 at 12:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ArmyOfone (04-20-2023)
Old 06-25-2013, 06:25 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Well, I told you guys before I went to all the area watering holes, rides, runs and Pig roasts last year and I never seen 1 single "VICLA" bike all last summer.
They haven't caught on around Detroit either. But you also don't see many "lowrider" style cars around here.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I said it before, I went a good long while without a bike after I sold my last bike to help pay for Lawyers to get my kids. I even owed a ton after I got them so again it was a good long while without a bike. I didn't even go looking because it was pointless and painful. The Vicla style bike was what I wanted before I even heard of or knew the style "VICLA" was out there. Thats what caught me off guard when I joined this site, apparently I was far from the only one who wanted that style of bike or liked that look. I guess I don't have to worry though because I guess I will never have a true "VICLA" style of bike anyway. I love my bike with the 16" wheels and tires on it. I know I am going to catch some major poop for this but I just don't think the 21" and 23" wheels looks right on these bigger bikes. Yes, I have seen many I would love to have sitting in my garage next to the one I now have sitting out there but for me to go out, buy the wheels and put it on my bike? I don't think so. I can't even give you a reason why other than to me, it doesn't look right. I have noticed that I am pretty much the only guy who thinks that though. I think that maybe in the past year I have only seen or heard of 1 or 2 other guys who feel the same way too. I met a guy a year ago who said and swore by the same thing too. I went down to the shop the other day and here he is, with a new bike, with that big ol 21" wheel on the front of his new bike. I called him a traitor too. I guess my bike, even when around other Vicla's will still be somewhat different than the rest. Question, does it ride and handle better, worse or the same with the 21's on there rather than the 16"'s? I have also been told by others to not worry about it, that I will like my bike when it's done. We shall soon see.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM
fatboy1729
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I'm really starting to think this "VICLA" style build of bikes is a phenomena taking place only here on this website. I joined this site because of the bike I wanted and what I wanted to do to it after I bought it. I had somewhat of an idea of what I wanted before I really knew about this "VICLA" thing, what it meant and what it was. After I joined I started seeing all these threads and posts about them too and that kind of bummed me out. Based on what I heard here and read here I decided to hold off because I just assumed they were going to be everywhere and I wasn't in to "copying" or "doing the same ol thing". Well, I told you guys before I went to all the area watering holes, rides, runs and Pig roasts last year and I never seen 1 single "VICLA" bike all last summer. Yesterday, Sunday I went to Throttle Fest up near Chicago and there had to be 250, 300 bikes there. All the bikes were parked in one area. I was bored so I decided to walk up and down each row of bikes to look, admire and just hang out and shoot the crap with some other guys who were doing the same. I didn't realize it until the last row of bikes but there was not 1 single "VICLA" style bike there! Other than in California, are you guys seeing tons of these "VICLAS" everywhere? Anywhere? Do you see any at all? I know some people don't like them or that they think it's just a "fad" but thats not what I'm asking and wondering about. Shoot, I'm more anxious now to get mine done then I was before I ever bought the bike. Just curious in Illinois.
Hey Tony! Whats up bro? This story is very interesting. Never thought about it much but here in Ma. I would be lying to you if I seen more than 2. Yeah 2. I really believe it is a west coast thing. But they all are some good looking rides though. Stick to what you want to do to your ride. No 2 bikes are alike. But I do get most of my ideas from this forum. Take care and stay in touch my good distant friend...Ray...

Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Oh, I did see some bikes at the Detroit Harley Fest which had what were probably 30" front wheels.

If one wants to be really different, this site, "The 25 Whackiest Motorcycles Of All Time", has some ideas:
http://hallicino.hubpages.com/hub/Th...es-Of-All-Time

Last edited by Warp Factor; 06-25-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Vicla builds