Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F.S.C fan Installed, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Brawny MMC
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F.C.S fan Installed, thoughts?

Whats up fellas.I installed this fan today to replace my ultracool system i had on the bike before,this thing is badass,sounds like a jet turbine but not real loud . I used the thermal switch that jason sells with this unit so the fan comes on automaticly at 190 degrees and shuts off when cooled down.

Real nice unit well made ,took less than an hr to put on,run the harness wire and zip tie everything,im guessing if you didnt buy the thermal switch you could have it done in 20 to 25 minutes.bought it at wardspartswerks.com. Its a shame i did like my ultracool untill i couidnt get it to stop leaking,I have had very bad luck with that product,not to say that everyone has, just been my experience with it.I dont think the F.C.S fans look to bad on the side of the motor either,I think with the synthetic oil and the addition of this fan i wont have high heat problems. heres a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails F.S.C fan Installed, thoughts?-close-f.c.s-3.jpg   F.S.C fan Installed, thoughts?-fcs-1.jpg  

Last edited by Brawny MMC; 06-22-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Jerm83
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Great! I cannot wait to be able to afford a set of my own. Please post up some reviews after you have had time to put it to use.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Flip50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brawny MMC
Whats up fellas.I installed this fan today to replace my ultracool system i had on the bike before,this thing is badass,sounds like a jet turbine but not real loud . I used the thermal switch that jason sells with this unit so the fan comes on automaticly at 190 degrees and shuts off when cooled down.

Real nice unit well made ,took less than an hr to put on,run the harness wire and zip tie everything,im guessing if you didnt buy the thermal switch you could have it done in 20 to 25 minutes.bought it at wardspartswerks.com. Its a shame i did like my ultracool untill i couidnt get it to stop leaking,I have had very bad luck with that product,not to say that everyone has, just been my experience with it.I dont think the F.C.S fans look to bad on the side of the motor either,I think with the synthetic oil and the addition of this fan i wont have high heat problems. heres a few pics.
I too am interested how your fans work out. I was in Austin for rot rally last weekend. My bike and a bunch more were dealing with heat issues. I too have heard changing to synthetic will bring heat down but without a heat gauge on heads wondering how that would have been verified. Either way fans look nice on bike. Keep us posted.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Brawny MMC
Tourer

Yeah i will keep you all posted on how I think its working out as time goes on.Thanks

Old 06-22-2013, 04:16 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,386 Likes on 4,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Flip50
I too have heard changing to synthetic will bring heat down but without a heat gauge on heads wondering how that would have been verified.
I'm not sure if just switching to synthetic oil will lower oil temps, but I know that synthetic oil will handle higher temps than dino oil, before breaking down.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Brawny MMC
Tourer

Yes i belive your right, I have always used syn.except during and right after motor builds for a short time.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:10 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ooops

Last edited by tbonetony06; 06-23-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Brawny MMC
Tourer

Wardspartswerks.com,I beloved it comes in different,finishes,it's an air cooler,take a look at his website,it's pretty informing I think

Old 06-22-2013, 05:15 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
My motor dropped about 6 to 8 degrees when I went with Amsoil Full Syn. 20/50. I dropped another 8 to 12 degrees when I added my H/D oil cooler. Those are all per my oil temp gauge. It only stands to reason that the temps on the engine itself will be less/cooler if the fluid going through it is cooler. As for the OP? What is that thing on the side of your motor hanging on your horn? Thats a new one to me? Is it an air cooler/fan or an oil cooler? What does it cost and does it come in chrome? If it doesn't come in chrome can I disassemble it, have it chromed then reassemble it or is there wiring run all through it? I don't know if I am interested but it does have my curiosity up! Besides, I'm always looking for something new to chrome out and add to my bike!
you clicked on a thread titled "FCS fan installed" then asked what the OP installed on the side of his bike?

Old 06-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Koshman32
Cruiser

So how exactly do those fans work to help cool the motor? Does oil circulate through the system somehow? Are they just there to blow more cool air towards the motor?

Quick Reply: F.S.C fan Installed, thoughts?