Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it you don't see many Softails with HiWay pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 PM
rideflhr
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I put them on most of my rides but my Deluxe just doesnt need them. The floorboards allow you to move your feet around and stay comfortable.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:12 PM
1ngryfishrmn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of highway bars on my Fatboy. I haven't used them yet because I'm still so new to the bike. I think they look pretty good though.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:24 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think a Softail looks as good as on other bikes. Now, having said that I LOVE the ones I have on my Deluxe. It's almost like they are an extension of my floorboards rather than those things that are up in the air. I believe I have a close up picture of them in my pictures in my profile or albums. The ones I have now also add to the low look I have tried to achieve and I think these did that just fine. These bars are the best I have ever had any experience with. I also told someone here a while back that these are a 2 piece set of bars bolted down 1 on each side of the lower bike frame. I was wrong and I never corrected myself since way back when. These are a 1 piece bar that goes all the way across, not a two piece set of bars.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:38 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them on my Heritage and my feet spend much more time on them then the boards at anything over 40 MPH. I run 65% or so highway with my riding so I love to be able to move around a bit. That and I am quite sure that my crash bars have saved my ankle at least once in my life of riding. I won't be without them.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman in NC
I agree. I'm comfortable on my Heritage floorboards all day.
This. The goofiest thing I see is guys propping their feet up on their pegs even riding through town. Must thing they look cool or something.

Put a set on my old Triumph back in the 70s. They were very comfortable on the highway, but I could ride off the highway without needing to feel like I'm sitting in my recliner in front of the telly.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Have them on my Lo, mounted down low so I can rest my heels on the boards and my foot on the pegs like others have said. As soon as I hit cruising gear my feet are out on the pegs, most of the time all the way out with my boot heel aginst the peg, its just the most comfortable for me. I sometimes think maybe I should have switched it over to forward controls, but I wouldn't be able to strech out as far and I like having more than one position to choose from.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:11 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I have them on both my Softails (Deluxe & Heritage). Heels on the footboards (extended with Harley Goodies) and toes on the highway pegs. Very comfortable. Placing my feet on the footboards is not very comfortable. SJ Ron

Old 08-17-2013, 07:01 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I have the mustache guard on my Heritage but I find I don't use them all that much.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:06 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I have them and love them. Had on my sporty that had forward controls and moved them onto my deluxe ( with a new engine guard for the deluxe.) I love my floor board but love having pegs ESP for long rides which I do a a number of week long multi day trips every year.

I think it is just a preference thing. But honestly I see a ton of softails with pegs.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Falcon195
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FroggyFatBoy
I have pegs on my bar. i have them adjusted to use as a toe rest with my heel down on the boards.
This is the way I have mine adjusted, rode 200 miles today and they sure did come in handy.

Quick Reply: Why is it you don't see many Softails with HiWay pegs?