Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chroming question for breakout

Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chroming question for breakout

Thinking on getting a few things chromed over the winter for my bike ... I love the handlebars on this bike and I want them chromed if possible .. Also what do you think the stock Gasser style rims that are on the breakout would look like chromed ?? That is another thing I am wanting to do ...Also the lower fork legs chromed ... I found a place here in Ontario that does all this I just want to know what others think about the ideas ??

Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

I like it. You may find the handlebars are chrome under the powder coat. I know it sounds expensive, but the CVO wheels would be the way to go instead of chroming the stockers. May be a wash as far as cost as well. You could also strip the powder coat off the fork lowers and polish them. Need a chrome oil tank, too!!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

To be honest, if I had a Breakout I would go Ape **** on the chrome. Looks like you have a good plan.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:35 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Now this is coming from a sick, warped, old man who is a self admitted Chrome ***** so keep that in mind as you read my reply. The Breakout does nothing for me and I do not now why. Chrome that Biotch out and that baby could sit in my garage any day of the week. My bike has everything on it chromed out that could possibly be chromed. I am talking down to the nuts, bolts, washers, banjo's and all larger parts of the bike. I pay a HEAVY price when it comes down to washing it, drying, waxing and detailing it out but I wouldn't have it any other way. When I tell people how much $$$$$ this bike has in chrome the only people who believe me are those who has done the same thing. Are any of the parts on the Breakout that can be chromed the same on any other bikes? I ask that because with the Breakout being relatively new I don't know whats out there that a person could buy off of places like here or on Craigslist that would fit it. Chroming is not cheap anymore and I am wondering if you got new wheels that is chromed wouldn't be less expensive than having yours chromed. I also agree with the guy, a chrome oil tank is badly needed on that bike as well. There are also different grades of chroming too and all that I couldn't buy already chromed for my bike I had done in the "Show Chrome" and boy did that add up fast. I think I would do as much reading, calling around and leg work that I could do to make sure I got the best deals I could get. I also would NEVER want to offend anyone for the choices they make with and about their bikes but in my garage chrome is still king. I would LOVE to see some pictures of a chromed out Breakout. Good luck Dude and know up front, chrome is addicting, BAD!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 01:01 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I would think you could get an idea of what a chromed out Breakout looks like just by looking at the CVO. Also, look for its parts to slap on the non CVO BO. Chrome is king, and chrome costs.
That being said, I think the whole idea of the moco releasing the Breakout was to in fact break out from the HD norm. When I first saw the ad on their website, it said "if you want to fit in, take the bus".

Old 08-22-2013, 01:03 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jbreakout13
Thinking on getting a few things chromed over the winter for my bike ... I love the handlebars on this bike and I want them chromed if possible .. Also what do you think the stock Gasser style rims that are on the breakout would look like chromed ?? That is another thing I am wanting to do ...Also the lower fork legs chromed ... I found a place here in Ontario that does all this I just want to know what others think about the ideas ??
Also, everything you are looking to "re chrome" was purposely pc'd black in order to break out.
You should have just bought a CVO, after all the money you'll spend chroming out it will total the same!

Old 08-22-2013, 01:10 PM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer

Thanks for the heads up ... The place I found here says it is show chrome and they have a broken down parts specific list just for Harley Davidson customers ... Imagine that !! I am not saying I am going with this company and I always research the **** out of everything I am about to build , buy or do ..... I will compare prices with stock parts as I know the CVO breakout has alot of chrome on it ... Someone else mentioned that I should go with the CVO rims but I am stuck on those ... I want something different and I thought the original Gasser style on it now would look cool chrome ...Or if I can find an after market set over the winter or at the bike show in March that does it for me , then I might go that route as well ... Thanks for the advice and input ... I to love the chrome look and I know it will look sick on my red breakout ... This is the bike I have been waiting for a very long time and it fits me perfectly ... Now its time to make it mine...

Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer

Blessedhellride ... I did not like any of the color choices on the cvo and I was not going to pay 10 grand more than the stock version ... And I can guarantee you I will not be paying close to 10 grand in chrome options for what I want to achieve ...

Old 08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master

Make it your bud, make it yours...
Link to a chromed BO (CVO of course) from another thread:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/attac...oice-image.jpg

Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
CanuckWhiskey14
Tourer

I saw that one as well before ... 2014 model ... again I cant stand the paint scheme.... looks like flowers the way they broke up the pin striping ....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: chroming question for breakout