Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Custom Rear Fender/Seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:23 AM
JiXeR
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m i k e
2400.00? AAAAHHHHHHHH
and that's just the fender. still have paint and air ride also. you put that on without dropping the *** end....you're going to look fairly 'special'. i'm guessing a total price of around 4k.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:42 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

Seems like so much money for what you get. I mean you can get the stock Breakout struts and fender (in primer) for like $650.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:09 AM
RedRider0151
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 78 Posts

I'd take a friggen hacksaw to my stock one and reshape it and repaint it LONG before I waste 2400 dollars to pay someone else to basically do the same damn thing!!LOLOLOL Anyone who does this needs to get a better hobby than pissing away money!!

Old 03-26-2014, 02:29 PM
legacywr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing the opposite route, fitting air-ride first, then deciding where I go with the fender.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Msmall
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bringing a thread back from the dead.....

But those original heartland pics looks like they have a tank lift with stock bars and stock risers....

Old 04-25-2014, 05:32 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I think these new fenders are going the wrong way styling wise. The stock rear fender is cool because it is still rounded, but boxy looking. Makes it look aggressive like box flares on cars. These aftermarket fenders are all round and soft. They look cool to most because they are something other than what everyone has.

Just my humble .02
i agree, breakout cool looking bike, doesnt need fender change ,stock one looks better then rounded heartland one, and yes i no deuce has ugly rear fender and maybe needs help from aftermarket but not the breakout

Old 02-22-2019, 09:57 PM
MavEryck
Intermediate
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Breathing life into an old thread...

I just finished my custom build from a 2018 Breakout.

Check out my short rear fender from Dark Parts!

Integrated brake light and turn signals...

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-14-2019, 11:29 PM
juan.e.hernandez15@gmail.com
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customizing factory fender?

First post so I apologize for any lack of decorum. Just picked up a 2014 Breakout and have been researching some rear end options because I as well would like some more of the tire exposed.

Is there any reason why I couldn’t have a local shop chop and modify my factory rear fender to fit the look I want, using the factory seat and maintaining an option to put a rear seat ( suction or magnetic options) on it?

Old 11-15-2019, 12:19 AM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by legacywr
I'm doing the opposite route, fitting air-ride first, then deciding where I go with the fender.
I got an '18. Thinking the same thing. Love those custom fenders, but along with an expensive shock, it crazy money. Hoping to not even want one after lowering. Another concern is, will it only look good when it's parked and you're off the bike? Ain't hardly worth it. Idk. Like to see a pic of a lowered gen 2 fxbr. Please?

Old 11-15-2019, 11:57 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 790 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by juan.e.hernandez15@gmail.com
First post so I apologize for any lack of decorum. Just picked up a 2014 Breakout and have been researching some rear end options because I as well would like some more of the tire exposed.

Is there any reason why I couldn’t have a local shop chop and modify my factory rear fender to fit the look I want, using the factory seat and maintaining an option to put a rear seat ( suction or magnetic options) on it?
There's no reason you *cant*. But you would need to still do some modifications to maintain struts (to hold weight for passenger). I do find that just going with an aftermarket fender looks better than those who just cut it down. But maybe that has more to do with their design when cut than anything.

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Breakout Custom Rear Fender/Seat