Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEFORE and AFTER ... with a twist! :) Let's see those transformations with info!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:12 AM
1stHD@
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx a bunch.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Slim Rich
Cruiser

Great looking slim 1st HD. How do you like the engine guard?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:59 PM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

2005 FXST, the day I brought it home in September

now it sits like this:

changed it with a LePera pleated Cobra seat, painted it black with the 77 Low Rider logo in the paint, Burly narrow 12" apes with 1.7" risers, Biltwell King Fu grips, de-chromed all the controls, headlight from a Wide Glide, lowered the rear a little, Custom Dynamics LED taillight with integrated turn signals, K&N air filter with the cover from my old 72

all that's in the works are set of cams eventually, but I'm in no hurry....pretty happy with it now

Old 02-11-2015, 03:26 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HedleyLamarr
2005 FXST, the day I brought it home in September

now it sits like this:

changed it with a LePera pleated Cobra seat, painted it black with the 77 Low Rider logo in the paint, Burly narrow 12" apes with 1.7" risers, Biltwell King Fu grips, de-chromed all the controls, headlight from a Wide Glide, lowered the rear a little, Custom Dynamics LED taillight with integrated turn signals, K&N air filter with the cover from my old 72

all that's in the works are set of cams eventually, but I'm in no hurry....pretty happy with it now
Looking great, the cams work depend on the mileage, as you may want to get into those Cam Chain tensioners sooner than later.

I love the look of the bike.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by klf33
Looking great, the cams work depend on the mileage, as you may want to get into those Cam Chain tensioners sooner than later.

I love the look of the bike.
Thanks. There's not many miles on it yet though....I got it with only 7100 on it

Old 02-11-2015, 04:22 PM
ranran4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The day I bought it and its current state

-88 chrome spokes (for an earlier model; modified) 21 & 16 with whitewalls
-Custom paint on top half of paint scheme of all tins and front forks ; still recognize its a 100th
-14 in apes with hardware including Arlen Ness Mirrors (In pic stock master cylinder is on because chrome one had to be returned for a new unit)
-New Badlander seat (found at local Kawasaki shop for $100!?)
-Chrome brows on all lights; smoked all the signals fender and tail light
-Kuryakn chrome swingarm covers
-HD front and rear chrome caliper covers and some other chrome

-(not shown) HD tank guard with pouch

Future Mods
-36/39 fishtails
-rear air ride
-massive lighting
-custom airbrushing
-(possibly) move up to 20 in apes

Attached Thumbnails BEFORE and AFTER ... with a twist! :) Let's see those transformations with info!-img_20130725_104323_939.jpg   BEFORE and AFTER ... with a twist! :) Let's see those transformations with info!-img_20140416_194938_135.jpg  
Old 02-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ranran4
The day I bought it and its current state

-88 chrome spokes (for an earlier model; modified) 21 & 16 with whitewalls
-Custom paint on top half of paint scheme of all tins and front forks ; still recognize its a 100th
-14 in apes with hardware including Arlen Ness Mirrors (In pic stock master cylinder is on because chrome one had to be returned for a new unit)
-New Badlander seat (found at local Kawasaki shop for $100!?)
-Chrome brows on all lights; smoked all the signals fender and tail light
-Kuryakn chrome swingarm covers
-HD front and rear chrome caliper covers and some other chrome

-(not shown) HD tank guard with pouch

Future Mods
-36/39 fishtails
-rear air ride
-massive lighting
-custom airbrushing
-(possibly) move up to 20 in apes
Wow, that turned out beautiful. Very nice indeed.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:18 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Before, midway, and after.

Attached Thumbnails BEFORE and AFTER ... with a twist! :) Let's see those transformations with info!-1agabefore.jpg   BEFORE and AFTER ... with a twist! :) Let's see those transformations with info!-2midway.jpg   BEFORE and AFTER ... with a twist! :) Let's see those transformations with info!-3after.jpg  
Old 03-10-2015, 07:23 PM
hawaiianfatboylo
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear crash bars

Where'd you find black rear crash bars(bag guards) from? I like the way it came out I got a 14 fatboy lo and have been looking for some rear crash bars(black)

Originally Posted by Josewales
Here is my transformation.

First, when I first bought the Lo. By end of the first season (2011), she was already in getting the engine staged up a notch or two as seen in my sig. During her first winter, I started doing my homework on how I wanted to transform.

After the winter homework it was time to put the plan in action. First round included, bunch of powder coats, 1.5" Carlini Freeway bars, engine guard & aux lights.

Next up was the new RWD & Klockwerk tins. Which took forever to get painted!!! At the same time the chrome shop matched the light rings to brushed alum by trial and error in satin chrome. And of course the Shotgun Shock.

After I finally gave into the thought of bagging, it was time to order up the 36" Samson duals the following winter.

Then the Cavalry bags...

Here is a pic to show how the rear end turned out...

Followed by the C&C solo seat, more powder coats and rest of the bling.

Here she is today seen with Fab's Vicla...

And an endgame pic...

The bike that inspired me the most was Jimsfbl's fatboy Lo back in 2011. Even though it was a different style that I chose, his bike made me want to make my Lo my own. And the Vicla & Cruiser gave me the ideas to hybrid both styles. I believe I nailed it. And still today, I believe I have one of a kind And It's all mine!

There was more work involved not mentioned above such as, modifying the taillight bar, saddle bag guard (which will be replaced with a thicker custom fab'd bar this winter), LED lights, etc...

Cheers.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:18 PM
tripleb1911
Cruiser

I really like the Charcoal Satin I got, but if they would have had the flat black in 2014 I would have got it!

Quick Reply: BEFORE and AFTER ... with a twist! :) Let's see those transformations with info!