Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I won free Dunlop tires but my softail doesn't need them...

Old 10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I won free Dunlop tires but my softail doesn't need them...

... my tires on my Deluxe are pretty new and I can't use the gift certificate for a set of free Dunlop tires that I won for Best of Show at Americade in June.

Guys, what do you think this is worth? The only exclusions are face compound tires, automotive tires, rear trike tires, and "other" tires (LOL who knows what "other" means). But if the tires aren't out of the ordinary it should be good to go.

The certificate asks for Year/Make/Model and front & rear tire size and model.

Don't know how to price this one. What do you all think?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:02 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

......you ARE going to require new tires eventually though. Get them, bring them home and set up the awesomest end table EVER until you are ready to use them.

Originally Posted by studiopeg
... my tires on my Deluxe are pretty new and I can't use the gift certificate for a set of free Dunlop tires that I won for Best of Show at Americade in June.

Guys, what do you think this is worth? The only exclusions are face compound tires, automotive tires, rear trike tires, and "other" tires (LOL who knows what "other" means). But if the tires aren't out of the ordinary it should be good to go.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:04 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its worth whatever you are willing to take for it and whatever someone is willing to pay. I don't know that there would be a hard rule for selling something like this.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:05 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
......you ARE going to require new tires eventually though. Get them, bring them home and set up the awesomest end table EVER until you are ready to use them.
LOL

I thought of getting them but remember reading about tires that just sit around - they may be brand new but after a while they expire and become dangerous. I really don't know how long it would be with my limited riding time now before I would need them. Probably after they expire...

Last edited by studiopeg; 10-02-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy them and use the fact that they are in your garage as ambition to drive the current tires off that thing.

I wouldn't think twice if it were mine. I go through 3 rears and two fronts per year. You need to ride more.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:34 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Peg, wrap them in news paper and store them in an controlled temp area, like a closet, a finished basement, and so on. Also, if you go this route, store them laying flat, not upright or hanging on a nail. They will last forever and a day that way. AND, what if you hit a nail next week or blow a rear, God forbid you ever do, but you never know and you will have tires waiting to go, FREE!. That's just my $.02 on the matter.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL

I thought of buying them but remember reading about tires that just sit around - they may be brand new but after a while they expire and become dangerous. I really don't know how long it would be with my limited riding time now before I would need them. Probably after they expire...

Ya, they aren't going to go bad if they are kept in a controlled area. Same shelf life as a Twinkie. Just a little less.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Be careful...In communist Taxachusetts, they are not allowed to mount any tire that is too old (not sure the timeframe, tech told me...those brain cells destroyed...). You can probably find out if you google it.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
Peg, wrap them in news paper and store them in an controlled temp area, like a closet, a finished basement, and so on. Also, if you go this route, store them laying flat, not upright or hanging on a nail. They will last forever and a day that way. AND, what if you hit a nail next week or blow a rear, God forbid you ever do, but you never know and you will have tires waiting to go, FREE!. That's just my $.02 on the matter.
I agree. If you put them somewhere cool and not wet, they won't go bad, then you'll have them when you need them.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,081 Likes on 1,514 Posts

geeezzz.... not one congrats on the Best of Show, CONGRATS !

psssst..I could really use some new shoos

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I won free Dunlop tires but my softail doesn't need them...