Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocated the front turn signals on my breakout

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:48 AM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 24v
I have no idea about "as far as possible".
So I am clear.... I have removed and replaced all handlebar wiring and throttle cables a few times, and have never disconnected the fuel line from the throttle body.
YMMV is suppose?

I've seen a few posts on here of guys moving the tank back and snapping off the plastic connector to the throttle body ......HD has since changed that with a new version crimped connector . my point was the fuel line should be unplugged either from the tank quick connect or the TB quick connect ( as on my 07 train ) to get the tank far back enough as not to be cramped while accessing the plugs ......I was not critisizing you mechanical abilities nor your methods ....it's all good .

Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

Yeah, I didn't think you were questioning my ability, I'm a hack that likes to read a lot. . I remember reading about people breaking that fuel line connector from removing it, so I never wanted to take it off. I guess maybe I didn't move the tank back as far, it seemed to be ok on my bike when doing it that way.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:25 AM
DaSandmanCometh
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Copy, thanks for info. on this guys.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:37 AM
super2kc
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LED turn signals

Has anyone swapped both front and back turn signals for LED's on their Breakout?
Was a load equalizer/balancer required?
If so, does anyone know where to get the correct module?
Thanks in advance

Old 01-26-2015, 09:44 AM
DaSandmanCometh
Intermediate

Originally Posted by super2kc
Has anyone swapped both front and back turn signals for LED's on their Breakout?
Was a load equalizer/balancer required?
If so, does anyone know where to get the correct module?
Thanks in advance
Are you talking about just switching the bulbs to LED bulbs or switching the signals altogether? If you're just going bulbs then you shouldn't have to do anything as they are made to balance out. If you're talking changing the whole signal then it will depend as some are made to bolt right up with no other modification needed and some are not.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:05 PM
super2kc
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSandmanCometh
Are you talking about just switching the bulbs to LED bulbs or switching the signals altogether? If you're just going bulbs then you shouldn't have to do anything as they are made to balance out. If you're talking changing the whole signal then it will depend as some are made to bolt right up with no other modification needed and some are not.

The current plan is ...
True Wraps up Front, Led strip for brake/signal, rear signal lights have the Custom Dynamics LED insert ring that replaces the bulb.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:43 AM
Andrea Capello
Novice

Just to clarify, I have a European version of 2014 Breakout, is this one the connector I have to buy the other half to relocate the turn signals?

THANKS!

Old 08-15-2015, 06:35 AM
DaSandmanCometh
Intermediate

Yes, you need the plug for that and the pins for that plug. There's part numbers in this thread, or another thread. If I had them bookmarked I'd post a link, someone will come in who has them and will post them up.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:17 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DaSandmanCometh
Yes, you need the plug for that and the pins for that plug. There's part numbers in this thread, or another thread. If I had them bookmarked I'd post a link, someone will come in who has them and will post them up.
This maybe a stupid question, but is there a part number for the wires? or are there any specific wires I should use? I am relocating my signals on a 14 fxdl, I am pretty sure that once I cut the turn signal wires at the switch, there will not be enough wiring to reach the plug under the tank....So, I assume that I would have to solder wires to the turn signal, then attach the pins and connector and plug in to harness under the tank....if thats the case, what wires should I be using?

Old 11-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Firemandiver
Intermediate
Received 82 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi All,

I relocated my turn signals from the bars to the forks using the 6 pin plug. Worked like a charm, but one issue. Now the blink rate is off. The actual signals blink correctly, but the arrows on the cluster are 3x as fast as the signals. I assume this is because the plug is outside of CAN bus. I think it interprets the missing load from the signals as bulb failure.

I recall reading somewhere that the system may "learn" and adapt to the change. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks, FD

Quick Reply: Relocated the front turn signals on my breakout