Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXST to Fatboy front end questions??

Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 PM
dsonnenberg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXST to Fatboy front end questions??

Looking for help on changing my fxst frontend to a fatboy front end. Ultimately I want the fatter look of a fatboy/heritage with a 23" wheel. What do I all need to change and/or what can reuse off my current front end. Im not concerned with the wheel aspect yet as I will run my current 21. I just wanna start with putting the fatboy front end on first. do I need to change the triple trees? do I need to change the forks? would the fatboy lowers fit on my current forks... ect. You guys know more then I so let me know please? also if you know anyone who is selling these items. thx

Old 10-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Shakey Softail
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the different is triple trees, fork sliders, headlight, tin, fork tubes are 2 inch short than now no rake 0 degrees and cow bells the heritage and deluxe front end is the same minus the running lights

Old 10-13-2013, 11:51 AM
dsonnenberg
Tourer

thanks for the response shakey. Do you know if I can directly replace a fxst triple tree with a fatboy, is the neck bearing the same size?

Old 10-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Shakey Softail
Tourer

Originally Posted by dsonnenberg
thanks for the response shakey. Do you know if I can directly replace a fxst triple tree with a fatboy, is the neck bearing the same size?
No problem all harley's necks are the same but sportsters change in years all are 1 inch necks all the same. You can do a direct swap with no problem if your bike has a lot of miles replace the neck bearings and races for insurance

Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
dsonnenberg
Tourer

Originally Posted by Shakey Softail
No problem all harley's necks are the same but sportsters change in years all are 1 inch necks all the same. You can do a direct swap with no problem if your bike has a lot of miles replace the neck bearings and races for insurance
Right on, thx again, now I just need to find a fatboy front end for a decent price.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:38 PM
jm35ny
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I always thought the frame must be different cause the fxst front end looks way more raked out than the fatboy

Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Shakey Softail
Tourer

Originally Posted by jm35ny
I always thought the frame must be different cause the fxst front end looks way more raked out than the fatboy
The rake is in the trees from factory 2 degrees the frame is the same

Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 AM
jm35ny
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good stuff. I've learned a ton here!

Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
dsonnenberg
Tourer

Yes lots of good stuff here, thx to Shakey! I have found the fatboy lowers and fork tins I now need to find the fatboy triple trees and forks. Lets say I was going to use my fxst forks that I now know are 2" longer then a fatboy, how do you think that would look? the front end I think would stick up high wouldn't it?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Shakey Softail
Tourer

Originally Posted by dsonnenberg
Yes lots of good stuff here, thx to Shakey! I have found the fatboy lowers and fork tins I now need to find the fatboy triple trees and forks. Lets say I was going to use my fxst forks that I now know are 2" longer then a fatboy, how do you think that would look? the front end I think would stick up high wouldn't it?
You could use them but the looks would be a personal thing meaning some like others don't have seen some one did it to me was out of place fork tubes are around 200 a piece but you might find a complete front end on ebay or craigslist or even maybe on here sell yours complete or trade

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FXST to Fatboy front end questions??