Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove that black sticker on the rear fender on my fatboy lo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Mugsy666
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How do I remove that black sticker on the rear fender on my fatboy lo?

Hi guys

wanna take that sticker off under the rear passenger seat fender area... help

Old 10-15-2013, 12:34 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugsy666
Hi guys

wanna take that sticker off under the rear passenger seat fender area... help
Slowly and with this time of year, a hair dryer to help the process. Pick at it with fingernail and pull.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Goo Gone! Rub it on the sticker with a cotton ball/rag and let it sit for a while, then pull it up. After the sticker is off, use Goo Gone again to clean off any remaining sticky residue.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Phrogman
Goo Gone! Rub it on the sticker with a cotton ball/rag and let it sit for a while, then pull it up. After the sticker is off, use Goo Gone again to clean off any remaining sticky residue.
Goo Gone is great unless you want to reuse in case of two up. I just pulled mine off and stuck it to garage window.

To the OP, I bet you own a black bike right? You are I for a surprise when you pull it off then......it ain't black it is clear.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hair dryer and pull SLOW. You only need goo gone if you dick up and pull it off without heating it good first. (Ask me how I know)

Do it right and it remains tacky enought to re use, but it comes off easy next time.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:54 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be very careful around the seat mount holes. If there is any corrosion, it will pull the clear right off. Found this out the hard way.......

Old 10-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Luckily I pulled mine as soon as I got the bike home. Came right off with no damage to the paint. I don't plan on putting it back on.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:34 AM
pecsxj
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody had a problem with a two up seat or pillion scratching up the paint with the sticker removed?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Gaz B
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by pecsxj
Has anybody had a problem with a two up seat or pillion scratching up the paint with the sticker removed?
Yes unfortunately,
I only had the dual seat back on for one ride and it left marks on the clear coat, T - Cut got rid of the scuff marks but you wouldn't want to do that too often.
I purchased a roll of protective film and made another sticker which I put back on for when using the dual seat.
The film is about quite thick and has so far been very tolerant to being pulled off and on the fender.

Attached Thumbnails How do I remove that black sticker on the rear fender on my fatboy lo?-img_0257.jpg  
Old 12-08-2016, 07:20 PM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by pecsxj

Yep that's why the film is there.....

Originally Posted by Gaz B
Yes unfortunately,
I only had the dual seat back on for one ride and it left marks on the clear coat, T - Cut got rid of the scuff marks but you wouldn't want to do that too often.
I purchased a roll of protective film and made another sticker which I put back on for when using the dual seat.
The film is about quite thick and has so far been very tolerant to being pulled off and on the fender.

Yes, I keep the protective clear film on there for the stock pillion on my bike. I always leave the small stock pillion pad on anyhow. When we are 2 up for longer rides the stock pillion is replaced with a larger more comfy for the wife Sundowner passenger pillion. Since that pillion is quite a bit larger I cut a piece of 3M clear contact paper a little larger than the Sundowner pillion and lay it down over the other piece of protective film. Without that the larger pillion would be sitting on the paint. Comes right up when done with that riding configuration.

I use that stuff anytime I need to temporarily protect the paint from things that my contact it while traveling and strapping stuff to the bike. You can see the film but its temporary and looks better than scratches or scuffs in the paint. Just make sure area is clean before applying.

Last edited by HenryT; 12-08-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: How do I remove that black sticker on the rear fender on my fatboy lo?