Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline Tank Console Added To Breakout - Kinda (+ Custom Fender Lights)

Old 03-09-2015, 01:14 PM
mseymour3
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbaywolf
LOL, I just got back from a ride on Saturday, and wanted to get this finished before it got too cold to work at night- I'm in Maryland, and we got 20" of snow in the last 2 weeks, so snow is still melting all across all of the roadways- and salt is everywhere! I knew I was going for another ride on Sunday, and I gave her the detailing she deserved last night when I got back!
I can definitely tell she was shined up. I'm quite a bit further south in TN so didn't get anywhere close to that in snow but we've had a couple ice storms recently that have made everything nasty as well. Mine is sitting with a layer of dust from being in the garage all winter. Need to give her a full detailing soon.

Michael

Old 04-07-2015, 07:16 AM
3DDevil
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can this mod be done on a standard BO fitted with CVO risers and bar? Does the speedo clear the dash OK? Thanks..

Old 04-07-2015, 07:20 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by 3DDevil
Can this mod be done on a standard BO fitted with CVO risers and bar? Does the speedo clear the dash OK? Thanks..
Yes, and yes.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:29 AM
3DDevil
Stage II

Thanks 24V just found my next mod. Think I will go the chrome eventually. May mount the black console first just to see. I have a black BO...

Old 04-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3DDevil
Thanks 24V just found my next mod. Think I will go the chrome eventually. May mount the black console first just to see. I have a black BO...
I was going to do it and chrome mine as well. Once I fit it all up and saw how the black looked on there, I was done. The black looks fantastic on the tank..

Old 06-15-2015, 04:46 PM
MCPO Jim
Stage I

Need some help!!! I am changing the tank console to the Blackline console.....I pulled all the stock part off and started to take the Breakout Top Plate (shown in picture) and GAS STARTED LEAKING all over the place!!! WTF? I tighten the top plated back downstopped. Now I am scared of started the bike.....PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Old 06-15-2015, 05:41 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MCPO Jim
Need some help!!! I am changing the tank console to the Blackline console.....I pulled all the stock part off and started to take the Breakout Top Plate (shown in picture) and GAS STARTED LEAKING all over the place!!! WTF? I tighten the top plated back downstopped. Now I am scared of started the bike.....PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Dude, you are breaking into the gas tank...what did you think was going to happen?

I did my Blackline swap with a nearly empty tank.

Go for a ride - burn up some of the fuel in the tank.

Last edited by NSR; 06-15-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 PM
KINGBREAKOUT
3rd Gear

I am new to Harleys and also to this forum.... I just have one question that seems like was never asked nor answered... other than the look is there another purpose to replacing the dash with the blackline dash? does this effect the bike or electrical in anyway. the computer underneath the dash that needs replaced in order for it to fit, what is the main purpose of the it? thank you for your time.

Also if its just for looks I am totally for this. It would make my 2015 breakout look insane.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:45 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by KINGBREAKOUT
I am new to Harleys and also to this forum.... I just have one question that seems like was never asked nor answered... other than the look is there another purpose to replacing the dash with the blackline dash? does this effect the bike or electrical in anyway. the computer underneath the dash that needs replaced in order for it to fit, what is the main purpose of the it? thank you for your time.

Also if its just for looks I am totally for this. It would make my 2015 breakout look insane.
It is all for looks and has zero effect on anything else.
It is not a computer under it. It is a plate that the fuel pump mounts underneath. That is what the wires are for. The mount on top of that plate is what the Blackline Dash bolts too. On the stock Breakout that mount will not line up with the Blackline dash. So you buy the Blackline plate that has the mount in a slightly different spot.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:16 PM
KINGBREAKOUT
3rd Gear

Finally that makes sense... thank you 24v! Ill be buying this tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blackline Tank Console Added To Breakout - Kinda (+ Custom Fender Lights)