Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are tsukayu fairings any good

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 04:41 AM
star2nv
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are tsukayu fairings any good

They have them on sale now and was wondering the quality?

Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Cant speak to the quality of the fairings but I have lowers and bag extentions from them, and a few others I know have saddlebags from them and the overall quality is good. weak point is the paint finish, some have orange peel or an occ run.

If your ordering call them direct and talk to Gina or patricia when you make the order. They were doing a 10% discount for forum embers of RG.org you may be able to get that as well. Also if you call and order they inspect the part before sending

Old 11-14-2013, 02:31 PM
riggergreg
Intermediate

I just recently installed one on my Heritage. I got the stereo with 6x9 speakers. Fairing is quality built. Very sturdy. Mounts fairly easy on windshield mounts. I did have to change out the speakers. Theirs were pretty muddy at volume enough to hear over my pipes at speed. I installed Infinity marines and they do well. From the day I ordered until I received them was about 2 weeks. Came in a sturdy fiberglass box and packed really secure. I also got hard bags at the same time. I'm really happy with the quality and looks.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM
star2nv
Tourer

Riggergreg how long have you had it . And what did it cost you . They have a good sale going on now. Does the stereo seem to be a good unit.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:15 AM
PitBullMcCoy
Cruiser

I am so tempted to buy one of those. My dream bike is a SG but I justify that payment right now. I even thought about buying a stock HD fairing and mounting it then I ran across a thread about those a while back. Right now I'm in the process of stripping down my heritage for the slim clean look. Bags off, engine guard coming off, solo seat on the way, apes after I get my seat and see if my position changes. I'm not quite sure if I want to go back the other way lol. But the good thing about them is the quick detach.

Also rigger, how was the wiring for the stereo? Did you do it yourself? I assume there is a plug so you can take it off when you want. And is it sturdy at hwy speed? Seems like it wouldn't be with just the windshield mounts and not bolted on.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 PM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

love the look and those bags!

Old 11-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Transporter
Cruiser

Did you use the harley windshield mounts for the fairing?
I wish I could put those bags in my Deluxe, looking good buddy.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:36 AM
star2nv
Tourer

Anyone seen the Tsukayu fairings that doesn't have the stereo in it it just has a compartment for your mp3 player or phone. one piece fairing it look nice but like to hear some feedback

Last edited by star2nv; 09-27-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 PM
1frozen_toe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just ordered hard bags and fairing in primer for my 14 Deluxe www.tsukayu.com

My friends hubby put these on her bike and she's super happy,all i saw was positive reviews for this company

hope this info helps Cheers

Last edited by 1frozen_toe; 11-15-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:06 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Friend put one on his Kawasaki 900 this spring. We took a 4600 mile trip this summer. Half way through two of the bolts that hold the fairing on broke in half from the vibration. We jury rigged it to get him home. Had to fix it every day for a week in order to get home. The speakers were awful. Anything over half volume and they buzzed and the bass was real muddy.

Quick Reply: Are tsukayu fairings any good