Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS (Long Ride Shield) "Light Tint" Modified Dyna "B" Shield

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:07 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up LRS (Long Ride Shield) "Light Tint" Modified Dyna "B" Shield

Got the new LRS Windshield installed and it works very well, MUCH better than the stock windshield for sure! This is a follow up thread from this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ll-batman.html

I still get a little buffeting at higher speeds (70 mph +) but its still not so bad that I couldn't ride with it (like the stock shield). It's not a violent shake but a little bit. Its still more comfortable than having the wind blast you in the chest for extended times at those speeds. Below 60 mph, there is none really at all and between 60 - 70 is when I start to feel it. Like I said, it still isn't that bad overall.

Also, found out that the LRS Dyna "B" shield did not work. I contacted James and he made some changes and now it works with my mounting hardware. The problem was the bottom part of the bracket that holds the clamp was hitting the bottom part of the shield so I couldn't attach the bottom. I am using the Harley Compact Windshield Hardware... HD Part # 57199-05

I was a little concerned about the space above the headlight being too much but I don't think it affected my ride at all. I am still thinking of maybe adding some spacers to try and get rid of the buffeting all together for the higher speeds (although I am not sure if it will work for sure)... can only try it and see.

Crappy day for pics today but here are a few so you guys can see what it looks like. I went with the "light tint" but as you can see, it is darker than the "light tint" for the Harley shield. I still don't think it looks bad though.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:21 PM
sawguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That bike looks great.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:45 PM
timsmcm
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful bike sir.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 PM
chi45cken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ghoticov - bike looks great! I really dig that windshield!

Old 11-22-2013, 09:55 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sawguy
That bike looks great.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by timsmcm
Beautiful bike sir.
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by chi45cken
ghoticov - bike looks great! I really dig that windshield!
Thanks! Yea, for a shield its not too shabby. Lol I won't be running with it all the time, just on longer trips or if I ride and its below 50 degrees.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 PM
chi45cken
Road Master

whats the 411 on the windshield? quick detach?

Old 11-22-2013, 10:29 PM
chi45cken
Road Master

hmmm the more I'm looking at it - I'm liking it a bit more If I could get the metal areas powdered... that would look pretty sweet on my bike

Old 11-22-2013, 10:35 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

whats the 411 on the windshield? quick detach?
Yes, its a quick release. Its Harley Part # 57199-99 hardware with a LRS (Long Ride Shield) Recurve Shield.

hmmm the more I'm looking at it - I'm liking it a bit more If I could get the metal areas powdered... that would look pretty sweet on my bike
Yea, you can actually buy those parts already black, Harley offers them. You might be able to find a used one, that's what I did. I got mine off ebay for $200. And then the LRS shield is about $100. The LRS Shield for you bike would be different than mine, yours would be the Heritage "B" shield. There is a user here (jam436) that has this shield on his Slim with black hardware, looks great! https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ve-review.html

Old 11-22-2013, 10:50 PM
chi45cken
Road Master

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Yes, its a quick release. Its Harley Part # 57199-99 hardware with a LRS (Long Ride Shield) Recurve Shield.

Yea, you can actually buy those parts already black, Harley offers them. You might be able to find a used one, that's what I did. I got mine off ebay for $200. And then the LRS shield is about $100. The LRS Shield for you bike would be different than mine, yours would be the Heritage "B" shield. There is a user here (jam436) that has this shield on his Slim with black hardware, looks great! https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ve-review.html
whoa! that LOOKS SICK! I wonder how that will work with my bars... my apes are pushed forward a bit

Old 11-22-2013, 10:53 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

whoa! that LOOKS SICK! I wonder how that will work with my bars... my apes are pushed forward a bit
It just depends on how far forward they are. Mine are forward also and I still have plenty of room to even move them an 1" or so more if I wanted. My bars are still just like they are in my SIG.

Quick Reply: LRS (Long Ride Shield) "Light Tint" Modified Dyna "B" Shield