Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker FXCW/C tank console shave off

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 04:30 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

sorry man we are just slammed wall to wall right now and with he holiday the past 3 years we have worked strait through even on Christmas to try and keep our customers happy. we have just been knuckling down so we can try to actually spend some time with the family and take a few days off in the shop. We tend to get flooded over the holidays with where are my parts emails cause corporate america all has off and people want their parts to work on their bikes. We understand this and have kept under a 1 week turn around on stuff so far this winter. As i mentioned in the email we are going to reivew your pictures and i will get back with you. i can only assume you would want a price estimate before you ship your stuff out to us, that is tough to do only using pictures when we are talking about metal work. There is only 2 of us in the shop turning out all this work so it is tough pulling one off to do metal fab as you can imagine that would really slow us down. Like i said on the 4th sir we will take some time and check things out, i would just rather do it sitting at the pc with a beer in my hand vs trying to check out pics on my phone while working in the shop. I did however go into a HD dealer for this purpose to check out a dash but they did not have a single rocker, so i drove almost an hour away only to find out the guy that said it was a rocker was actually talking about a breakout... as i am sure you know completely different dash than you have. I am sorry man we are trying to do all we can but with the quality of the work that we produce the good thing is we are flooded with business, that is also part of the challenge to have quick turn around times to keep the customers happy and more parts flowing in. We are not a huge shop with 1000 employees, just 2 of us busting *** from 8 am - 3 am daily. We are to **** about the quality of the work to bring more people on, as i am sure you know owners always take more pride in the final products I promise i have not forgot about you or the pics they are flagged in my email box and the first thing at the top every time i open my email. Trust me man i want to pull this off i think it would be dope, but we also want to find a way to do it where it is cost effective for the guys on the site here so we can produce a few of these. I have also been watching ebay to just buy a dash so we could possibly do a exchange program... although we have had a set of rocker wheels here for 2 years and never once done an exchange hahaha Ill be in touch man i am truly sorry about the delay. Hope you guys all have a great holiday.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:47 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Joe, after reading that now I really want you to do it. I've not heard anything bad about your work from people who have actually had you guys do work. That says a lot.

I hope I didn't come across as putting you guys down at Powder Pro man. It was not my internet at all. I kinda figured you guys were swamped with work and never for a minute thought that you guys didn't care or were flaky.

I think I might have mentioned that in one of the emails I wrote you or one of my posts.
I totally understand that the winters are probably filled with work for you guys cause that's when half the country is under snow cover and people take that time to tare their **** apart and have things painted and worked on.

Like I said, after reading what you wrote now I really want you to do the work. I totally see and understand why you guys take your time. And as a paying customer that is exactly what I would want if it was my parts you were working on.

Thanks for letting me know you guys didn't forget, that says a lot. Hope you guys have a great holiday on your side of the world man.

And if you talk to M I K E tell'em I said team red has fallen behind real bad. Lololol.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Team blue *****

Old 12-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Team blue *****
Yep. That's me !!! Lol

Old 12-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Yep. That's me !!! Lol
Hey, isn't it time to change your signature photo to one with the clip-ons?

Old 12-20-2014, 02:57 PM
professorzoogy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRK5892
sorry man we are just slammed wall to wall right now and with he holiday the past 3 years we have worked strait through even on Christmas to try and keep our customers happy. we have just been knuckling down so we can try to actually spend some time with the family and take a few days off in the shop. We tend to get flooded over the holidays with where are my parts emails cause corporate america all has off and people want their parts to work on their bikes. We understand this and have kept under a 1 week turn around on stuff so far this winter. As i mentioned in the email we are going to reivew your pictures and i will get back with you. i can only assume you would want a price estimate before you ship your stuff out to us, that is tough to do only using pictures when we are talking about metal work. There is only 2 of us in the shop turning out all this work so it is tough pulling one off to do metal fab as you can imagine that would really slow us down. Like i said on the 4th sir we will take some time and check things out, i would just rather do it sitting at the pc with a beer in my hand vs trying to check out pics on my phone while working in the shop. I did however go into a HD dealer for this purpose to check out a dash but they did not have a single rocker, so i drove almost an hour away only to find out the guy that said it was a rocker was actually talking about a breakout... as i am sure you know completely different dash than you have. I am sorry man we are trying to do all we can but with the quality of the work that we produce the good thing is we are flooded with business, that is also part of the challenge to have quick turn around times to keep the customers happy and more parts flowing in. We are not a huge shop with 1000 employees, just 2 of us busting *** from 8 am - 3 am daily. We are to **** about the quality of the work to bring more people on, as i am sure you know owners always take more pride in the final products I promise i have not forgot about you or the pics they are flagged in my email box and the first thing at the top every time i open my email. Trust me man i want to pull this off i think it would be dope, but we also want to find a way to do it where it is cost effective for the guys on the site here so we can produce a few of these. I have also been watching ebay to just buy a dash so we could possibly do a exchange program... although we have had a set of rocker wheels here for 2 years and never once done an exchange hahaha Ill be in touch man i am truly sorry about the delay. Hope you guys all have a great holiday.

seems to me you guys NEED to hire some qualified help......you cannot expand a thriving business short handed .

Old 12-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Hey, isn't it time to change your signature photo to one with the clip-ons?
Hahaha. You make a great point Warp.
Haven't updated my sig pic cause I'm still not done yet. I'm wasn't too thrilled with the way it looked right after the clip ONS went on.

The 5 & 3/4 single headlight didn't look too good in the wide glide front end. Plus I ended up taking off the spikes on the rear fender, changed the front pegs to DK bear traps and turned the Christmas tree air cleaner sideways lol.

Here is a snap shot of one of the things I'm working on.

That plus the DK speedo relocation kit, smoothing out the dash And adding Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz front turn signals mounted down by the foot pegs. I finally had enough of my weak and yellow headlight lolol. Plus my stealer was having a 21% off sale on Daymaker headlights this past week.

I have a feeling the dash job is gonna take till spring time. I don't wanna make you guys wait that long. Especially those of you that followed me on the clip on saga.

So what I'm gonna do is once I get the headlight back from powder coat and get it installed I'm gonna relocate the speedo put the gas tank and the unfinished dash on and take some pics so you guys can get the full effect.

Attached Thumbnails Rocker FXCW/C tank console shave off-image.jpg  

Last edited by Alain; 12-20-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! I'm still debating doing a 7"

Old 12-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

That big huh?

Old 12-21-2014, 09:09 AM
shrini23
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Joe I had to special order some parts for my rocker which are obsolete so I went to Fox River HD in St.Charles
They do have a rocker on the floor that I saw yday

Quick Reply: Rocker FXCW/C tank console shave off