Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 04:15 AM
sothai
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
My DD speedo did not need to be set. But, if yours does, here is the manual.
http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/mcl-3212.pdf
Interesting, how did yours acquire the existing speedo reading then?

Faaaark!

My Intiminators are ready for delivery. i chose USPS, that being the cheapest shipping, but they came DHL, which always attracts the attention of the Customs boys. In short, I've been stuffed for 100 bucks import duty.

Anyway, I just need to source some 5wt oil now and 10 minutes access to a lathe and I'm ready to go - can't wait!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-06-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:14 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by sothai
Interesting, how did yours acquire the existing speedo reading then?
Honestly I am not sure, as speaking with others, it appears as if I may be the only one. LOL

Old 10-06-2015, 12:36 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Faaaark!

My Intiminators are ready for delivery. i chose USPS, that being the cheapest shipping, but they came DHL, which always attracts the attention of the Customs boys. In short, I've been stuffed for 100 bucks import duty.

Anyway, I just need to source some 5wt oil now and 10 minutes access to a lathe and I'm ready to go - can't wait!
A lathe? For what?

Old 10-06-2015, 09:17 PM
sothai
Tourer

Originally Posted by NSR
A lathe? For what?
When I spoke to Brian on the phone, he mentioned trimming my spacers.

When I di my 48 a few years ago, I fitted Works Performance springs, as well as Intiminators and the springs came with three sets of spacers of various lengths. Now you have asked, I'm not sure what he means. Are there spacers in the BO forks, or not?

Originally Posted by 24v
Honestly I am not sure, as speaking with others, it appears as if I may be the only one. LOL
Did you go through the procedure of clicking the switch to get to "odo" and then more clicking and holding (not changing the detected reading) until you get to "-", then clicking again to select "yes"?

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-06-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:02 AM
youraemoo
Intermediate
Default Goodbye

As it was a great two years with the breakout, when life happens, i had to make the decision to let go. It was a sad day.
I enjoyed reading the threads and learned a lot. Thank you 24v and Harley_Charley for your constant help and share of knowledge.

Having said that I have few items for the breakout that I'm pretty sure some of the folks here would want, PM me for list of items and prices. If you're interested.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:19 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Sorry to see you go. Hope your next bike is half as cool as the Breakout.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:28 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Youraemoo- Sorry to hear that. Hope you at least keep on two wheels- You know once you get that riding spirit in your soul it never leaves

Everyone- Hope you are all doing well and enjoying some good summer riding weather. I've been busy out riding, having fun, all that. Just wanted to pop in and say what's up

When I spoke to Brian on the phone, he mentioned trimming my spacers.
Sothai- You are talking about the "preload spacers" and they are easy as pie to cut. the ones in the box with your new springs are pvc and really long. use a pvc pipe cutter to trim. the only important part is to cut them perfectly straight, so if unsure, use a piece of masking tape at your cut line and then follow the edge of the masking tape. You can also use a box cutter and keep scribing around the masking tape cut line until you cut through the pvc. it's slower but you get a perfect cut every time. - or - if you have a mitre saw, place the pvc pipe up against the rip fence and cut slowly through it- you'll have a nice straight cut.

Did you read my sticky w/ DIY info? I laid it all on out on exactly what needs to be done including trimming the length of the new preload spacers. Easy peasy brother, no lathe or specialty equipment needed. Just a few hours, some patience and care, and maybe a couple of cold ones .

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-18-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:31 PM
youraemoo
Intermediate
Talking

[QUOTE=LA_Dog;14479662]Youraemoo- Sorry to hear that. Hope you at least keep on two wheels- You know once you get that riding spirit in your soul it never leaves

Hahaha yes still on two wheels, I hope that that it always stays..

Originally Posted by 24v
Sorry to see you go. Hope your next bike is half as cool as the Breakout.
Hahaha, well it depends how you feel about the new road glide

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-18-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

I came across this thread and thought I'd post a few pics of my Breakout. My Rocker C has the chrome thing going on, so I decided to go chrome-less with the B/O...

Old 10-14-2015, 04:24 AM
sothai
Tourer

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Sothai- You are talking about the "preload spacers" and they are easy as pie to cut. the ones in the box with your new springs are pvc and really long. use a pvc pipe cutter to trim. the only important part is to cut them perfectly straight, so if unsure, use a piece of masking tape at your cut line and then follow the edge of the masking tape. You can also use a box cutter and keep scribing around the masking tape cut line until you cut through the pvc. it's slower but you get a perfect cut every time. - or - if you have a mitre saw, place the pvc pipe up against the rip fence and cut slowly through it- you'll have a nice straight cut.

Did you read my sticky w/ DIY info? I laid it all on out on exactly what needs to be done including trimming the length of the new preload spacers. Easy peasy brother, no lathe or specialty equipment needed. Just a few hours, some patience and care, and maybe a couple of cold ones .
Ah, they come with the new springs then? OK, I'll re-read the sticky then. I thought they were already in the forks. Feeling a bit groggy after a 20-hour drive up the Thai peninsula. Well, that's my excuse anyway. ;-)

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread