Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 02:47 PM
drpete
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone put on any accent led lighting on their BO? Any recommendations on which brand might be better then another and any suggestions on what to put where (pics would be great if available).

Thanks

Also, one last question, why is it that it seems all the european BO's have the thunder bike rear fender? Is it that much cheaper for them to do there? The american bikes have them but not predominately..Want to do it so bad, love the look, but damn it is no where near any other mods price wise.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:04 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete
Has anyone put on any accent led lighting on their BO? Any recommendations on which brand might be better then another and any suggestions on what to put where (pics would be great if available).

Thanks

Also, one last question, why is it that it seems all the european BO's have the thunder bike rear fender? Is it that much cheaper for them to do there? The american bikes have them but not predominately..Want to do it so bad, love the look, but damn it is no where near any other mods price wise.
xkglow LEDs. Holy crap, these are amazing! You can choose from 15 million colors. 2 zones to control separately. You can even tie it into your brake wiring so when you apply the brakes all of the LEDs light up red! It is controlled by your smartphone via bluetooth connection. I got a kit that came with 12 pods total for $185. These things have a ton of options. The pics have both zones all green. I can change the engine compartment to another color, as well as "strobe" or "breathe" while the underbody stays solid. Or visa versa.

The 12 pods installed are as follows:
2 in front fender well
2 under the bike on the frame
4 on rear swing arm
4 around the engine (I have 2 more on order) 1 under the seat, 1 behind the horn, 1 under the throttle body and 1 behind the ignition coil. When the 2 extra show up, I'm gonna put 1 on top of my throttle body and 1 on top of my ignition coil. I didn't want to put any under the tank as you can really see the LEDs exposed. I tried to hide them as best as I could. So far, I think I have accomplished that.

http://www.xkglow.com/category_s/101.htm

Last edited by UHDhog; 05-29-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:34 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks

Not all the European bikes have the TB rear fender. Actually there are different manufacturers but all look very similar and show the thumb-nail style. If one wants to mod his/her BO it is very popular at least here in Germany to replace the stock fender for one like the TB one. I personally are not so fond about that kind off fender, especially as it is a very popular mod here.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:11 AM
drpete
Novice

Everytime I do the math in my head I don't see how I can do the rear fender. Doesn't seem like it is easy to keep the stock paint color, and then new seat and fender plus labor. It will just have to sit on my todo list.

Thx UHDOG. That really helped. I am considering custom dynamics for the LEDS simply because my dealer stocks them, that way if I need to add more it is right there on the shelf. Is it worth the cost difference?

As always thanks to all you guys for the help, it is invaluable to me, and I really do appreciate all of it.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:36 AM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Everytime I do the math in my head I don't see how I can do the rear fender. Doesn't seem like it is easy to keep the stock paint color, and then new seat and fender plus labor. It will just have to sit on my todo list.

Thx UHDOG. That really helped. I am considering custom dynamics for the LEDS simply because my dealer stocks them, that way if I need to add more it is right there on the shelf. Is it worth the cost difference?

As always thanks to all you guys for the help, it is invaluable to me, and I really do appreciate all of it.
Assuming you'll end up spending about $100 or more to put one color of LEDs on your bike, ask yourself if it's worth $85 more to have 16 million colors, dual zone adjustment, strobe-breathe-solid operation, bluetooth controlled application to your smartphone, active brake lighting when stopping, capture real time colors from the camera on your phone and GPS location to where you parked your bike.

My answer.... HELL YES IT IS!

Comparable lights from Kuryakyn is well over $200. You can also get the kxglow on Amazon. If you have Prime, it's free 2 day shipping.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:39 AM
drpete
Novice

I love prime. One of my biggest downfalls ��

Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 AM
Mencho
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone upgraded the horn? Stock horn sounds extremely bad!

Old 05-31-2016, 10:41 AM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mencho
The horn IS terrible - I am embarrassed every time i use it. It sounds like a "clown car" horn!

However, at least if you have the ABS system on your Breakout, it is very hard to find another HD horn, or for that matter ANY brand of horn, that is truly appreciably louder and lower in tone and still fits into that small space. Besides the obvious space problem, a physically larger horn also impedes the already barely adequate airflow to the cylinders during slow speed riding in traffic.

If someone has found a workable solution that is also reasonably plug and play, I'm all ears! (Pardon the pun)

Jim G

Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed one of the H-D super loud horns on my CVO Breakout. The catch is that I mounted it via a bracket behind the H-D Swing Arm bag. It is hidden and it clears everything with no issues. Just need to extend the wires under the frame and tie strap.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:30 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Mencho
I went with a Arlen Ness horn...plug and play, sounds way better then stock, and plenty loud!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 05-31-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread