Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:04 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

BigBlue, that Breakout is looking nice.
poonplatoon, I like yours as well. Things got style. Where did you get that seat?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:12 AM
MyBigBlue
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 24v
BigBlue, that Breakout is looking nice.
poonplatoon, I like yours as well. Things got style. Where did you get that seat?
Thanks, you guys have given us a lot of great ideas. Need to get some LED's for the rear though. Was following behind him and not as visible as I would like.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 AM
HD and VETTE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harty
I would like to say a quick thanks.... I have just ordered a 2014 Black Breakout with a few extras. Harty
Welcome and keep in touch also of your Breakout once you take delivery.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:04 PM
poonplatoon
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24v thanks. I'm going for that old school meets new school chopper look. Yours is sweet too. I got the seat custom made by a guy here in San Marcos. I drew him up what I wanted and he shaped it for me. I needed something with a little more back support. After I put some cams in her I was sliding off the second I would gun it.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:16 PM
jweinsteiger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by poonplatoon
24v thanks. I'm going for that old school meets new school chopper look. Yours is sweet too. I got the seat custom made by a guy here in San Marcos. I drew him up what I wanted and he shaped it for me. I needed something with a little more back support. After I put some cams in her I was sliding off the second I would gun it.
poonplatoon I used to live in Escondido, San Marco and for a while up in Valley Center small world..

Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 PM
poonplatoon
Novice

Wow, small world. I live right next to Cal State San Marcos.

Old 04-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Msmall
Tourer

Thanks for posting the pics of the black box with the lift. I'm with you on it not looking right. I'm scratching it from the list.

I didn't realize how much of he frame it would expose.

I remember you describing the easiest way to remove rear struts by removing the entire fender ad a single unit....I can't find that

Any chance you could describe it again...I'm pulling mine this weekend for PC

Originally Posted by 24v
My bad, thought you were just talking about stock bars. Looks beter without lift anyways imho.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 381 Posts

3 plugs under the seat, unplug them. 4 bolts holding the struts to the frame. Take them off next. Then spread the struts and lift whole thing off. You will need to pull the pins out of the wiring connectors in order to remove the tail lights from the struts.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Msmall
Tourer

Cool, bought myself a service manual whichever says the same. I assume I'll notice which 3 plugs need to be disconnected.

How many wires for each tail light are pulled? Obviously all of them but I'm just thinking ahead as to how I'll remember how to re-install

Originally Posted by 24v
3 plugs under the seat, unplug them. 4 bolts holding the struts to the frame. Take them off next. Then spread the struts and lift whole thing off. You will need to pull the pins out of the wiring connectors in order to remove the tail lights from the struts.

Last edited by Msmall; 04-25-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Msmall
Tourer

Anybody know the part # for the left rear turn signal spacer that fits between the license plate bracket and the rear fender.

I've searched online and spent 30 minutes at the parts counter with no success. They said they see the described part but the left and right both have the same part number which doesn't make sense because they are different. They had a breakout on the showroom floor so I walked he parts manager over me showed him what I was referring to and he became even more stumped. Said he would have to call harley cooperate.

Has anyone relocated the license plate and used the right spacer on the left side to even things out?

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread