Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Dark Horse - 07 FXSTi

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 11:09 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,054 Likes on 630 Posts

....... Good Luck with your New Toy ,, Looks Purdy Good to me though ,

Old 12-16-2013, 02:55 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Man wish I would have known you were looking for a Train. I have a friend selling a 2000 with all sorts of extra engine work for $8500

Old 12-16-2013, 03:59 PM
blu92in99
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Good looking scoot! I'm sure you'll have it decked out to your taste in no time. All it takes is an endless supply of money. LOL!

...and welcome from Cali!

Old 12-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice, like the color. Like the pipes too, I have the short shots as well. Have a ball with it.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:42 PM
H3llb1lly88
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys! Gregeinsc, I wouldn't have been able to get a '00. I'm financed thru Harley and the latest I could go was a '07 to get the financing I wanted.

I can't decide if I want to keep the shorties or get a big radius 2 setup. Its UNGODLY loud. But its a Harley right? The satin engine drive me insane. If it was clean it might be better, but it looks cheap to me. I can't decide if I wanna keep this one and fix it up, or just clean it real good and trade it in 6 months for a road glide.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:23 PM
H3llb1lly88
Tourer

So here's what I have running thru my noggin... I'm gonna pull the exhaust off, remove the heat shield, and hit the tips of the pipe a few times with a torch to give it a blue tint, then put the heat shield back on and wrap the whole friggin thing in black exhaust wrap.

Then, after I clean the engine real good, I'm going to use HD engine paint on the cam cover, primary(minus the disc), and right side trans cover. Use some wrinkle black... maybe polish the rocker covers. The oil pan has a chip in the bottom. Did y'all know Harley just painted right over the chrome on the oil pans? I'll paint that too... sorry I'm bored and I'm just plastering my ideas here so I don't forget. Anybody use the RSD Clarity line yet? Im thinking about going that route just because it looks badass. I apologize for not having more pics for yalls enjoyment, I drive a truck during the week so I ain't home. But there will be plenty trust me!

Last edited by H3llb1lly88; 12-16-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:52 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by H3llb1lly88
So here's what I have running thru my noggin... I'm gonna pull the exhaust off, remove the heat shield, and hit the tips of the pipe a few times with a torch to give it a blue tint, then put the heat shield back on and wrap the whole friggin thing in black exhaust wrap.

Then, after I clean the engine real good, I'm going to use HD engine paint on the cam cover, primary(minus the disc), and right side trans cover. Use some wrinkle black... maybe polish the rocker covers. The oil pan has a chip in the bottom. Did y'all know Harley just painted right over the chrome on the oil pans? I'll paint that too... sorry I'm bored and I'm just plastering my ideas here so I don't forget. Anybody use the RSD Clarity line yet? Im thinking about going that route just because it looks badass. I apologize for not having more pics for yalls enjoyment, I drive a truck during the week so I ain't home. But there will be plenty trust me!

Why blue them only to wrap them? Also wrapping them without the heat shield will look a lot better.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 AM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Why blue them only to wrap them? Also wrapping them without the heat shield will look a lot better.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:48 PM
H3llb1lly88
Tourer

Good point. For some reason I was thinking the heat shield stopped short of the pipe itself. I was thinking black wrap with a blue tip. But I guess that'll work with or without the heat shield. Thanks for un f@cking me.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 PM
H3llb1lly88
Tourer

OK, got some of the chrome pulled off and sprayed down with oven cleaner to pull the chrome off. Going to start the black out process. The wife got me some new riser bushings cause mine were rotted. But the ****in risers are still crooked. And I'm thinking the rear shocks are blown cause its riding pretty rough. Or it could be out of adjustment I have no idea.

Like I said this is gonna be a slow build but it'll get there .

Anyone wanna shoot me some good parts sites links? Other than Dennis kirk, drag, and kuryakyn.

Quick Reply: Project Dark Horse - 07 FXSTi