Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:31 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I'm loving my Stebel horn. Just saw them for $70 or less on eBay today for a friend, including the relay. It really is a safety item, my horn will wake the dead.

If you want a hidden spot for it, I bet it will fit under the transmission - take off the rear fender splash guard (2 bolts) and there's some room in there and the tranny has threaded holes in it for the CA only charcoal canister (you may recall I installed a canister recently so it's fresh in my mind).

You could also fab a mount off the frame above the voltage regulator. I've got mine where your coil now is as you know.
I like the idea already with it under the splash guard where you put the charcoal canister...hot dayum! Heheh...thnx, brother. That'll be next lil upgrade.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:12 AM
Hudson76
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a go at polishing the forks on my FLSTC which I have apart at the moment customizing it. I also dropped of a set of Fatboy wheels to get polished for it today.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Softail Today?-350.jpg  
Old 02-15-2016, 06:17 AM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior
Received 337 Likes on 217 Posts

New Magnum Sterling Chromite II Clutch cable and Brake line installed.
Throttle and Idle cables tomorrow if I get time.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:22 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Brake pads front and rear, fluid change, new rear tire. Relocated the coil with DK's kit, added an Arlen Ness coil cover and got rid of HD's dinky coil cover. The AN cover brought it out maybe 3/4" but fit right up to DK's kit.
I like the Ness cover A -LOT! Damnit!

Old 02-15-2016, 07:27 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Tampa FB are you going to remove your seat post for a cleaner look now that you don't have the coil mounted on it?

Old 02-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by S.D.M.F
New Magnum Sterling Chromite II Clutch cable and Brake line installed.
Throttle and Idle cables tomorrow if I get time.
beautiful bike, to much to keep clean, but it looks damn good!

Old 02-15-2016, 09:39 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Tampa FB are you going to remove your seat post for a cleaner look now that you don't have the coil mounted on it?
Seat post? It's history, one of the things I mentioned was when removing it I found you need to add a couple of flat washers to make up the space left due to the top bolt bottoming out.
Joe, did you take pics on that canister install? Be nice to see first hand what you're referring to. I know you must be right since you installed the horn and charcoal canister. It crossed your mind be a good place for that horn, if you think it's workable I'm going to order the horn.
Edit: Is this the one you installed?
http://www.stebel-usa.com/product/31...2_Volt__Black/

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 02-15-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

@ RyanS & S.D.M.F. > nice looking scoots, like what you've done!

Old 02-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Seat post? It's history, one of the things I mentioned was when removing it I found you need to add a couple of flat washers to make up the space left due to the top bolt bottoming out.
Joe, did you take pics on that canister install? Be nice to see first hand what you're referring to. I know you must be right since you installed the horn and charcoal canister. It crossed your mind be a good place for that horn, if you think it's workable I'm going to order the horn.
TFB, I think there's room in that area for the horn - I can't guarantee it 100%.

One thing to be careful of, that area has the back of the front final drive pulley and the belt spinning on the left side - anything you mount in there you want to mount securely because you don't want anything coming loose and getting into that belt.

I'd suggest you look at my thread, and order the bracket for the canister. I suspect you can attach the horn to the bracket using some big hose clamps. It's tight down in there, figure out the bolts you need for the bracket first. I just had some in my bench, I've got a bunch of spare bolts (I never throw them away).

You might also want to buy a black horn, just in case you can't get it to work down there, you can mount it on the frame above the voltage regulator and you might want black so it disappears.

The bracket part number is 27294-07, shown at item 6 on the picture I posted in my thread. List price $16.14.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...tank-vent.html

Old 02-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by xmen9c
I like the Ness cover A -LOT! Damnit!
lol...me too.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?