Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout exhaust suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:57 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Thoresh
Hello

Breakout exhaust suggestions?

May be D&D bobcat : D&D Bobcat Exhaust Harley Breakout FXSB - YouTube

What do you think about it ?
That sound clip sounds" NOTHING" like it sounds in person. Holy crap!

Old 01-04-2015, 11:22 PM
RiverB
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cdonis
That sound clip sounds" NOTHING" like it sounds in person. Holy crap!
Thank god...

Old 01-30-2015, 09:46 PM
xlr8it
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeman777
Harley Charley-
I like the stock black muffler pipes too on Breakout, and like to do the same, by removing stock baffles and installing BigCityThunder baffles. What baffles size from BCT did you order?
-Sleeman777
Hi Sleeman777, I am new here as well and would like to keep the stock look of the pipes,did you get an answer to What baffles size from BCT to get?

Last edited by xlr8it; 01-31-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:21 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverB
Thank god...
Lol, believe me .... i wouldnt have bought them if that is the sound clip i heard either. I put 3 videos on youtube to see if i could get one to sound different with my smartphone. A couple are up in the mr103 cam dyno results thread in the engine/mechanical section i posted for my breakout. The exhaust pretty much overloaded the phones mic, but i tried.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:01 PM
xlr8it
Advanced

Originally Posted by xlr8it
Hi Sleeman777, I am new here as well and would like to keep the stock look of the pipes,did you get an answer to What baffles size from BCT to get?
Have sent an email to BCT direct, hoping they can answer the question.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:55 AM
sleeman777
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xlr8it
Have sent an email to BCT direct, hoping they can answer the question.
Hello xlr8it-
I'll tell you what I did, I took out the stock baffles and discovered the internal ID was 3 and 1/8 inches. However, BCT don't make baffles with that ID. I decided to cut the baffle to just 8 inches or so (keeping the bottom portion where the holes ended) and threw everything else away. I reinserted the back portion with rivets, and now the bike sounds great! The pipes still looks stock and it appears to have enough back pressure not affecting performance, but that's my opinion. -Slee

Old 02-06-2015, 07:09 AM
xlr8it
Advanced

Originally Posted by sleeman777
Hello xlr8it-
I'll tell you what I did, I took out the stock baffles and discovered the internal ID was 3 and 1/8 inches. However, BCT don't make baffles with that ID. I decided to cut the baffle to just 8 inches or so (keeping the bottom portion where the holes ended) and threw everything else away. I reinserted the back portion with rivets, and now the bike sounds great! The pipes still looks stock and it appears to have enough back pressure not affecting performance, but that's my opinion. -Slee

Thanks for that Slee, I ended up fitting my 3" V&H slip-ons that I had of my fatboy, modified the brackets to fit and got the chrome shields powder coated, the bike sounds great now and still looks like factory pipes.

Attached Thumbnails Breakout exhaust suggestions?-img_2871.jpg   Breakout exhaust suggestions?-img_2870.jpg  
Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 AM
jtaliani
Cruiser

Has anyone by chance been able to successfully install the Patriot Defender 2-1 system on a Breakout? This exhaust is the most aesthetically pleasing 2-1 system for my taste, but the company states that there are clearance issues (they said oil tank not lines) with their softail version and they don't have time to create one for the Breakout. I'm hoping someone has been able to make it work like some of the other pipe variants that are stated to be incompatible.

I want the performance gains of the 2-1, but other than this exhaust, much prefer the look of 2-2. If I can't make this system work, I'll probably settle for either the Bassani Pro Street or D&D Low Cat.

Last edited by jtaliani; 02-19-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:09 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

I have never seen that pipe on a Breakout. Typically the issue with any exhausts that wouldn't work was the upper line from the oil tank being close, or touching. If you want that particular pipe bad enough, I'm sure you could work out a solution for more clearance there.

Also, have you looked at the new pipes from Arlen Ness? They are made in the USA, right here in San Diego, by Magnaflow. They have two new 2-1 pipes.
http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/SoftailExhaust.asp

Old 02-19-2015, 07:30 AM
jtaliani
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 24v
I have never seen that pipe on a Breakout. Typically the issue with any exhausts that wouldn't work was the upper line from the oil tank being close, or touching. If you want that particular pipe bad enough, I'm sure you could work out a solution for more clearance there.

Also, have you looked at the new pipes from Arlen Ness? They are made in the USA, right here in San Diego, by Magnaflow. They have two new 2-1 pipes.
http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/SoftailExhaust.asp
Thanks a TON! Those pipes look great and will fit the bill nicely.

Quick Reply: Breakout exhaust suggestions?