Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout exhaust suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:59 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jtaliani
I believe the passenger pegs would work, but can't definitively say since I've never tried it. I'll try holding them up to the mounting location.

The exhaust has been solid so far. I love the look and it has a nice note for me. It's aggressive but not very loud. For my taste, it strikes just about the right volume mix. I had the initial issue with the heat shield getting the mark that I mentioned above (developed a second spot like that too). While the swirling/scratch looking marks are still faintly present, the smudge portion polished out with some very mild chrome polish and haven't come back. I can't really tell where the issues were without close inspection at different angles. When I contacted MagnaFlow, they understandably wanted pics. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get anything to show up on the images. Photographing chrome is a treat
Thanks for checking Jtaliani. I appreciate it. I would hate to get the exhaust just to find out the passenger pegs wont work.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:39 PM
jtaliani
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psdj52
Thanks for checking Jtaliani. I apprecanye it. I would hate to get the exhaust just to find out the passenger pegs wont work.
I can't make any promises, as I didn't mount them, but it seems to fit fine holding the peg and bracket up. On the Slipstream pegs, I would have a little concern about the proximity of the rubber to the muffler, but I think it would be just fine.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:58 AM
REDGKO
6th Gear

jtaliani--how loud is the F-bomb? Are you able to ride without it being really loud? I just ask this cause I love the sound from the sound bites I have heard. But where I live I can't have really loud pipes.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Old 04-28-2015, 01:02 PM
zz2h33
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

V&H Big Radius 2to1 here. No fitment issues. Hung them myself, took about 2-3 hours. Oil line clearance is great than the stock pipes. Love these pipes btw.

Attached Thumbnails Breakout exhaust suggestions?-img_0854.jpg  
Old 04-28-2015, 09:37 PM
azrchrd
Intermediate

I'm really interested in the VH short 2-into-2's, anybody had an issues with them?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 AM
zz2h33
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by azrchrd
I'm really interested in the VH short 2-into-2's, anybody had an issues with them?
I researched on here about the short shots and nobody has had fitment issues on a breakout.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:08 PM
sleeman777
4th Gear

Originally Posted by zz2h33
I researched on here about the short shots and nobody has had fitment issues on a breakout.

No issues with fitment of V&H Big Shot Staggered on my 2015 Breakout.

Slee.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:47 PM
jtaliani
Cruiser

Originally Posted by REDGKO
jtaliani--how loud is the F-bomb? Are you able to ride without it being really loud? I just ask this cause I love the sound from the sound bites I have heard. But where I live I can't have really loud pipes.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
I replied to the other thread as well, but just in case you don't see it, no I don't consider them to be loud for aftermarket pipes. They have a great sound, but are surprisingly tame for a shortie. In my opinion, like all great exhaust notes, you can really control it with your wrist. Even highway type riding it is pretty subdued with minimal drone. Tearing up some corners, it's aggressive enough to have some fun.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:56 PM
stholcom
Stage IV

Are brackets and hardware included?

Old 04-29-2015, 10:53 PM
azrchrd
Intermediate

Damn, I was originally going with the Big Radius, but now that I've seen yours this may take a while to decided lol

Quick Reply: Breakout exhaust suggestions?