Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout exhaust suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:14 AM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am waiting for the new Magna Flow exhausts to come out. Either them, the Bassani Pro Street turnouts, or I just might have a custom exhaust made. I have been looking at a vendor called Sik Pipes. He lives not to far from me in PA and may have to go and see him. I just want something different then the norm. Good luck on your decision.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Anybody has one of the three mentioned exhausts on his Breakout?
I'd like to know which kind of fitting issues I can encounter with V&H Big Shots Staggered, if it's only a matter of spacers (easy to solve) or brackets or whatever else....

Old 01-02-2014, 05:13 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Today I found a very interesting offer on V&H Big Shots Staggered here in my city but still haven't received any certain answer about fitting on Breakout. V&H says they won't fit but I've seen some BO and CVO BO using them. What I'm trying to know is if the issue is only a matter of spacers to avoid oil line heating (in this case I would buy them) or a matter of bracket due to the different swingarm for 240 rear tyre.
I'd really appreciate your help, it would be shame to miss this offered price...nearly 40% off the retail price...
Francesco

Old 01-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Today I found a very interesting offer on V&H Big Shots Staggered here in my city but still haven't received any certain answer about fitting on Breakout. V&H says they won't fit but I've seen some BO and CVO BO using them. What I'm trying to know is if the issue is only a matter of spacers to avoid oil line heating (in this case I would buy them) or a matter of bracket due to the different swingarm for 240 rear tyre.
I'd really appreciate your help, it would be shame to miss this offered price...nearly 40% off the retail price...
Francesco
Don't say I never did anything for ya. BTW, to find this all I did was V&H Big Shots Breakout and searched under the images. BOOYAH! Enjoy.....

CVO Harley Forums

V&H Big Shots Staggered -> Std Softail part number.

And here is a silver one with V&H Big Shots Staggered's.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
Don't say I never did anything for ya. BTW, to find this all I did was V&H Big Shots Breakout and searched under the images. BOOYAH! Enjoy.....

CVO Harley Forums

V&H Big Shots Staggered -> Std Softail part number.

And here is a silver one with V&H Big Shots Staggered's.

You've always been very kind! Thanks!
I found the same pics too, it's the first kind of search I make when looking for parts (that was too easy ) and a short video on youtube with a CVO idle. They say fitting was smooth but I'd like to have a crosscheck with some member here in HDF, seems too easy, you know what I mean... Similar exhausts, e.g. Samson, at least needs spacers, some other to modify the brackets.... I'd rather avoid to waist money for a wrong exhaust fitting but at this point maybe it's worth riskying, what do you think Harley_Charley?! From the CVO pics I like the way this exhaust fits BO...
There's only one thing I do not manage to understand in these two pics, tips seems rotated on one side instead of being slash down. Is it normal, I mean they can be rotated or is due to fitting?

Last edited by Nostradamus74; 01-02-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

There's only one thing I do not manage to understand in these two pics, tips seems rotated on one side instead of being slash down. Is it normal, I mean they can be rotated or is due to fitting?
Not following you here, what are you asking or questioning?

Also, find someone who offers shipping with free returns. Open the box carefully, use painters tape to take the entire exhaust up to avoid any scratches and mock it up. If it doesn't work, carefully remove blue tape, package it back up, and return it.

I'm waiting for the Arlen Ness exhaust to see if it's available for a BO and if it is, that's probably the route I'll go or Rinehart Crossbacks but since they say it won't fit a BO I'd likely do what I recommended for you to do on your bike on mine.

HTH

Old 01-02-2014, 05:58 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You've always been very kind! Thanks!
I found the same pics too, it's the first kind of search I make when looking for parts (that was too easy ) and a short video on youtube with a CVO idle. They say fitting was smooth but I'd like to have a crosscheck with some member here in HDF, seems too easy, you know what I mean... Similar exhausts, e.g. Samson, at least needs spacers, some other to modify the brackets.... I'd rather avoid to waist money for a wrong exhaust fitting but at this point maybe it's worth riskying, what do you think Harley_Charley?! From the CVO pics I like the way this exhaust fits BO...
I see what your saying in the pic the tips seemed turned. I do not see a way that you can turn them. I think it is the angle of the pic. On V&H's website the Black ones have a straight cut where as the chrome ones have a slash cut. As far as fitment, like everyone has said they will fit.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Not following you here, what are you asking or questioning?

Also, find someone who offers shipping with free returns. Open the box carefully, use painters tape to take the entire exhaust up to avoid any scratches and mock it up. If it doesn't work, carefully remove blue tape, package it back up, and return it.

I'm waiting for the Arlen Ness exhaust to see if it's available for a BO and if it is, that's probably the route I'll go or Rinehart Crossbacks but since they say it won't fit a BO I'd likely do what I recommended for you to do on your bike on mine.

HTH
I'll do exactly what you say.
Psdj52 understood my question, in the pics of the BSS on the CVO the tips seems to be "slide slash cut" while on V&H site and on all the bikes I saw them mounted they seems to be "slash down", only curious to understand why.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

I'll do exactly what you say.
Psdj52 understood my question, in the pics of the BSS on the CVO the tips seems to be "slide slash cut" while on V&H site and on all the bikes I saw them mounted they seems to be "slash down", only curious to understand why.

I see what youre saying about the exhaust tips now.........you probably have the option to rotate them however you want is my guess.

Good luck with whatever option you take btw.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

I see what youre saying about the exhaust tips now.........you probably have the option to rotate them however you want is my guess.

Good luck with whatever option you take btw.
Yeah, it's the only reason I manage to think of too....maybe I'll discover it tomorrow...I'll let you know, just for curiosity

Quick Reply: Breakout exhaust suggestions?