Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:47 PM
erbssr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heritage seat

I have short legs and the stock seat on my 14 Heritage feels too wide at the front next to the tank. Who, including HD, sells a seat with a narrow front?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:32 PM
jay72
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mean City Cycles can do a retro fit for you.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

May not be that it's too wide, but the whole bike is too tall, so you're legs are pointing more straight down rather than a nice bend in the knee. Seats are a tough call though. You really have to go to a dealer or bike night and sit on a bunch of different seats.

Myself, I like the Deluxe seat far better than the stock Heritage (though the Heritage is more comfy)

Old 12-24-2013, 02:49 PM
vjc2010heritage
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with super reduced reach seat, handlebars and risers. Made a huge difference

Old 12-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD Badlander should work for you. Mean City can help for sure.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:41 PM
humpbackbob
Cruiser

See if you can get a stock seat from a Deluxe. It has a narrow front and collapsible sides. Looks right on a Heritage too.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:39 PM
erbssr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benway
May not be that it's too wide, but the whole bike is too tall, so you're legs are pointing more straight down rather than a nice bend in the knee. Seats are a tough call though. You really have to go to a dealer or bike night and sit on a bunch of different seats.

Myself, I like the Deluxe seat far better than the stock Heritage (though the Heritage is more comfy)
Guess I should have said this but it's not so much when my feet are on the ground as when riding. It's like my thighs are pressed against the seat all the time. The bike is the perfect height for me.I fell like i'm sitting in it, not on it.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:13 PM
dennyandnancy
Advanced

You might have your stock seat cut down to a fit you like and be able to keep the comfortable Heritage seat. I know what you are talking about setting in a Heritage and not on one. Other Harley riders haven't experienced this unless they have ridden a Heritage. Just my two cents!!!!!

Old 12-25-2013, 07:02 AM
PitBullMcCoy
Cruiser

I'm short myself. I unfortunately didn't have the stock seat to cut as the others are saying. My bike came with a 2 up corbin that honestly rode like a dream but it was too wide for me. At a stop I was tip toeing and had a hard time pushing the bike in either direction. I went with Danny Gray. Got the speed cradle. But they have other options. I got the speed cradle to keep me forward a bit. With the corbin my legs were straight sitting on the boards now I have a bit of bend as well as being able to touch the ground much better. Saving up for a shotgun so I can drop the *** a couple inches for around town and raise her back up for mtn riding.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:07 AM
elasowipeo
Road Captain

You may also want to look at moving your floor boards out and back to give your legs some more spread. Kuryakyn carries the adapters for doing this.

Quick Reply: Heritage seat