Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal Relocation with Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Techgnosis
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal Relocation with Fairing

I have a Dead Center fairing on my Fat Boy Lo, and absolutely love it, the one issue I have is it pretty much blocks my turn signals from view. Considering how oblivious cagers already are, I don't need to make it worse. As you can see by the attached photo, they are hard to see. The pic was taken in a darkish area, with the left turn signal on. Anyone have any suggestions on a way to relocate the turn signal to a more visible area?

Old 01-15-2014, 05:55 AM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Are the blinkers we see in stock location or are those in the fairing itself? hard to tell......

Anyways, a quick search will get you what you are looking for on here as it has been covered several times. there is a very good write up on it by Misbehaven here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...fatboy-lo.html

should be no different for your 2014

Old 01-15-2014, 07:39 AM
alcotune
Tourer

You'll need the signal light relocation kit. It moves them to the lower triple tree area. I had a kit come with my hd windshield but never used it (fx softail). I don't think they are expensive.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Techgnosis
Advanced

Originally Posted by JP-FLSTFB
Are the blinkers we see in stock location or are those in the fairing itself? hard to tell......

Anyways, a quick search will get you what you are looking for on here as it has been covered several times. there is a very good write up on it by Misbehaven here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...fatboy-lo.html

should be no different for your 2014
Yup, stock position, on the handlebars near the clutch / brake.

I actually saw the exact turn signals mentioned in the write up, but if you look at the auction in it states the following.
* Kit is for 2009 Harley's & earlier model years AT THIS TIME due to HD changes in the turn signal wiring (model yrs 2010-2013). CURRENTLY the kit DOES NOT come in black, chrome only.
While I want it in black, its not a deal-breaker. The wiring change is, and I am guessing is going to continue to be a problem with any pre-2010 solution.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Originally Posted by Techgnosis
Yup, stock position, on the handlebars near the clutch / brake. I actually saw the exact turn signals mentioned in the write up, but if you look at the auction in it states the following. While I want it in black, its not a deal-breaker. The wiring change is, and I am guessing is going to continue to be a problem with any pre-2010 solution.
Try a google search "hdforums Front turn signal relocation" there are more recent ones.

Also check Memphis shades or the company that made your fairing. They usually offer the relocation kit. I know Memphis shades does as that is what I have looked up for cold weather riding as I don't care too much for windshields

Old 03-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Techgnosis
Advanced

The one I have doesn't have a way to adjust for it, your sort of on your own.
A friend pointed
this out to me this out to me
, and it looks like a viable option. Anyone know anything about them / have used it? How bright is it compared to stock? How noticeable are the signals? How hard is it to get installed?