Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce...Mid Controls????

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deuce...Mid Controls????

Don't crucify me here....But........I've got about 400 miles on my 2007 Deuce and can't get used to the forward controls. First bike I've owned with forward controls. What I miss most is being able to stand up on themid mounted controls to give my butt a little rest. I also would like to move my feet back once and a while from the forward pegs.

Has anyone or does anyone think it is possible to convert the Deuce tomid controls like on the Dyna Low Rider???

Old 03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
06DEUCE
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Deuce...Mid Controls????

man, youare on the same page as me! i have been thinking about this for about 6 mo. i don't need the controls mid mounted just some pegs to stand up on and adj the butt... i have a design in my head just need to fab it up. it would consist of a mid cross bar tieing the underframe together and some studds mounted that will accept the hd pegs. when i complete this i will post pics, just don't get in a hurry.... also it will all be bolt on.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:01 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Crusher you're crushing me. I only have 80 miles on mine we had 2 days without some kinda precip since I got mine! I love forward controls but I like 06DEUCE's idea of some pegs just to give the old legs a stretch and put some blood back into your rear end.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Crusher
Road Master

Glad to see I'm not alone. Yeah, mid pegs would do just fine and a lot easier then changing to mid controls. Please keep us updated. I will continue to do my own research as well. Someone must have done this before.........

Old 03-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I'm very comfy with the forward controls, it's kind of like sitting in a recliner.
I'm only 5'7" and that may be part of the reason?

Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 PM
purple haze
Road Master

GUY'S please don't take this as a diss on your HARLEY'S but that is why I'm a FAT BOY FANATIC, that's why I'm on fourth one, not like some, not 4 bike's at once but one at time, any way I'm only 5'10' so my bike fit's me perfect!! I love the comfort of floor board's, and like I have said my ricky racer day's are gone especially doing the twisty's and making spark's fly, I will do a little drag racingif road is clean and green, and a little high speed shot's down Interstate, but peg's are un-comfortableto my feet, even with my hog boot's on, so that's why I'm fat boy guy just fit's me nice and easy, not touring bike, but if I wanted to could drive it as far, but I live in city, so street fight with people on phone's, tourist's, drunk illegal alien's who don't care if kill you are a family, so I need the freedom of movement and at time's lock up both tire's, so I could not handle peg's or forward control's. PURPLE HAZE

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/10431E9EC15A49A3BFA8B22E0E7B9DEA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 PM
pro1955
Road Captain

I have not seen any mid controls offered for the Deuce, but I would consider it. I like to bracket race my bike once in awhile and mid controls would be easier off the line.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 AM
purple haze
Road Master

NICE BIKE!!!!! but like I said not knocking anyone else's choice just for my size Fat Boy fit's just right!!!! And love the floorboard's for my tootsies!!! MY feet don't hurt after 50 or so mile's like peg's used to, so older, and like my comfort.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/29C739570825406AB7135B3EF2A6EDC5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: pro1955

I have not seen any mid controls offered for the Deuce, but I would consider it. I like to bracket race my bike once in awhile and mid controls would be easier off the line.
Pro, they're talkin about mid pegs, not mid controls. How can you bracket race the Deuce with your feet on mid-pegs - how are you gonna shift?

Old 03-20-2007, 05:42 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Crusher ,
Give yourself enough time , it won't be long , you'll get real used to those forward controls . My Deuce is the first bike I've had with forward controls and I'm real sure I would have issues going back to a mid control . I'm 5'11" and my tush never gets sore ( stock seat ) unless I've been in the saddle ALL day .

I put on some Kuryakyn Dually pegs with Stirrups , they are very relaxing compared to regular pegs . With round pegs I felt like a bird trying to stay on a perch , always seemed to be somewhat unbalanced and gripping the tank with my thighs , never relaxed ! The stirrups with the wider pegs give you different options and I would guess they feel more like a floorboard while maintaining the Deuce look .

[IMG]local://upfiles/3052/241F631761EB45AAA849D6C518300E50.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Deuce...Mid Controls????