Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freedom Performance quality

Old 02-02-2014, 11:22 AM
afrey1967
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Performance quality

I'm thinking of getting the Freedom Performance racing true duals for my 2012 Heritage. Has anyone installed these, and if so how is the quality on them?
Chrome good? Discoloration issues, etc.
THX

Old 02-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't give you a comment on chrome quality (my pipes are black), nor the exact pipes you're referring to. I can, however, speak to the quality of their products based upon my experience with the upswept fishtails we have installed on our two softails.

Pipes are solid, and well constructed. Welds are clean and well done. The fit and finish on both sets is great. The mounting bracket is heavy duty, and I feel the system is engineered well. All hardware was included for installation, but new gaskets were not, so plan on getting a new set of those.

The instructions were outdated. The O2 sensors changed from the larger 18mm ones to smaller 12mm ones sometime between 2010 (which my Lo is), and 13 (which my Slim is). I thought I had an issue with the pipes, since the bung in them is for the bigger ones, and didn't see the adapters in the included hardware packet. They were NOT listed in the instructions, in either the "list of included hardware" or in the instructions themselves. They WERE, however, there. I'd assume this would also be true in the pipes you're looking at. I think the 12 Heritage has the smaller sensors.

The pipes have been on the Lo since it was brand new, so 3 seasons. They look great still - but again, that's a black finish.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Cembo
Advanced

I have the the true duals on my Deluxe and am very happy with them. Fit and finish are excellent and I would highly recommend them.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:49 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have them on my Heritage yet, but have a set of their pipes on my Wifes XL and they are killer. Perfect fit and great finish. I will be swapping out my D&D for a set of sharks when I am ready to swap. I love the look.

Old 02-02-2014, 04:02 PM
afrey1967
Intermediate

I like their sharks too. Nice to hear they make a quality product.
As for the O2 sensors, I have a power commander on and the factory O2 sensors have been disconnected. I may upgrade to a wide band "auto tune" system and they all seem to use 18mm sensors. I'll probably order pipes for a 2007 to 2011 softail and plug the ports until I upgrade the power commander.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:13 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

I can't tell you about discoloration either, mine are also black... But the construction of the pipes are great. I have the duals on my fatboy, and am very happy with them. The sound is perfect. One other thing, I had a small fitment issue when I got them. The one muffler had the piece that was welded to the pipe in the wrong location... I was planning on grinding it off and welding my own... Figured I would touch it up well enough since it is on the bottom / inside of the pipe and would never be seen. I called then to confirm it was in the wrong spot and they immediately said to stop and they overnighted me a new one that fit perfectly... They were very apologetic and wanted to make sure it got taken care of right away... Seemed to me like it was very rare where they have a quality control complaint.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

I had the chrome independent longs on before I switched over to a fatcat. The chrome was excellent as was the fit and finish. I only ran them for 16,000 miles but they held up well for that amount of time.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:53 PM
dodge_ram_driver
Novice

i have them on two of my bikes 2014 street glide and 2009 stratoliner. they are the best I have ever seen or herd you will not go wrong with them

Old 02-02-2014, 08:36 PM
ShortsNSandals
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are awesome in chrome and sound. Mine are going on their third year.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
SUUIE
Road Master

I'll be the naysayer. I had Freedom Duals and they advertised them as being fully heat shielded and they weren't. They obviously discolored and didn't have full heat shields to cover the discoloration.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Freedom Performance quality