Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat Comparison - Pic Heavy

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 03:06 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts
Thumbs up Mustang Seat Comparison - Pic Heavy

I recently bought a third Mustang seat. I just wasn't quite happy with the previous two. I figured I would take a few pictures of all three seats as well as two of the passenger seats & a HD Road Zepplin. Which all but one seat is in the classifieds that I'm selling. Below is the three seats with links to their page on Mustangs site. I'll write a bit about them when I get a chance later. I just wanted to get the post up for now. Also, I tried to group the pictures as best as possible, to minimize scrolling up & down. In some of the group pictures I may have rearranged how all three seats were from picture to picture to help get a better idea of shape. They all fit my 2011 Fatboy Lo. When talking about relation of seat to another, I will be referring to each Mustang seat. I still have the stocker, but didn't put it on and test sit it or take pictures.

I am 5'5" & my wife is 5'5.5" with long legs :-) We both wear Dr. Martens boots. Mine have minimal lift, her boots have slightly more than mine. I used my wife as a second tester & we kept how the seats felt to us until after both of us sat on them. We ended up agreeing the same on each of the three seats. I have stock 2012 & newer handlebars on currently, as well as HD pullback risers (I'll have to dig up part # for it). The only seat I rode with the factory stock risers was the Mustang Tripper Solo (no backrest). My wife drives as well, but generally on her (ex)Sportster.

*The stock seat actually fits me quite well, but my wife didn't like the option HD had for passenger pillions.

Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat with Driver Backrest Model #79530
http://www.mustangseats.com/Categori...arSearch=79530
This one brought us forward a bit & (noticeably) higher. But is narrow enough in the front it didn't impact our "heels down" much (if any) compared to other two seats. Definitely made us both feel a lot higher. We were both a lot higher over the windshield than the other two seats.

Mustang Wide Tripper Solo Seat with Driver Backrest Model #79735
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...river-Backrest
This one threw us forward a bit (almost as much as the Wide Touring), but felt a lot lower than the wide touring, and a moderate amount lower than the other Tripper seat without a backrest. *This became our best immediate fit seat (winter hear, so tough to take a long drive to get a feel). "Heels down" felt about the same or a little better than the Wide Touring seat.

Mustang Tripper Solo Seat Model #76254
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...pper-Solo-Seat
This one threw us both back the furthest. The height is somewhere in-between the Wide Touring & Wide Tripper with Backrest. Neither of us liked the "heels down" feel. It cut off circulation on the bottom of our thighs for any amount of stop light waiting. I rode with this one a decent amount of miles last summer. I ended up putting back on my HD pullback risers to help get some bend back in my elbows and better articulate my hips. It then felt much better for short to medium (100 mile) rides.

Mustang Tripper Rear Seat Model #76255
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...pper-Rear-Seat

Mustang Sport Touring Vintage Recessed Rear Seat Model #79535
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...ftail-No-Studs

Harley Davidson Road Zeppelin Passenger Pillion Pad Model #52400060
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...16-52400060--1

Last edited by load97; 02-02-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:19 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Arrow

Last edited by load97; 02-02-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:36 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Last edited by load97; 02-02-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:45 PM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

Reserved for more pics

Old 02-07-2014, 07:13 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm surprised, not much talk about seats lol. At least there is some decent comparison pictures of some of the seats available now.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Biggerfoot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seriously was looking at the Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat with Driver Backrest. When I asked Mustang, they confirmed what you stated as it would move you forward at least one inch. Being 6'4", that was critical for me and a deal breaker.

Your post and photos would have been very handy when I was looking!

Old 02-07-2014, 11:52 AM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Pretty much what I discovered when I was looking at seats. I love the position I have on my Lo and did not want that changed. I looked at or talked to reps for all the seats ever mentioned anywhere here and all of them changed my position. My solution was sending the stock seat to Mean City Cycles for a bit of memory foam and a butt channel. Perfect for those all day trips! AND it was a fraction of the cost of a new seat!