Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Softail Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Tambo-1
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Softail Heritage

Does anyone have this problem ? When I go for a ride & park my bike in my attached garage my garage & my den fills up with Gasoline fumes. Almost to the point that I check for leaks but come up negative. I'm thinking gas cap, I'm open for sugestions .

Old 02-02-2014, 07:07 PM
challutz
Cruiser

mine will do that too if i have a half of tank of gas or less less gas in the tank more fumes

Old 02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 752 Likes on 460 Posts

I don't know if I get that from my 09 Heritage or not, but if I was you I don't know what I would be more concerned with; my bike emitting fumes or the lack of air seal between my garage and house.

If you're smelling fumes from your garage you might want to find out how the fumes are getting into the house more so than where the fumes are coming from.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Bluraven; 02-03-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:16 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Start with the gas cap, and do it soon. If you can actually smell it, the fumes are at dangerous levels.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:05 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

how long are you letting your bike run/idle while it in the garage,?
I don't start mine till I am outside and turn it off as soon as I pull her back in .

Old 02-03-2014, 11:19 AM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sometime overfill my Heritage and get some gas leaking from the overflow but other than that I never smell gas.........

Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had my 2005 SE Fat Boy for almost 8 years. When I park it, I leave the garage door open for awhile or about 1/2 the time there is a strong smell of gas.
The smell doesn't get in the house. I never have detected any gas leaks, so I just learned to live with it.
Aside from the gas fumes I have had zero problems with the bike.
Tom

Old 02-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Tambo-1
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Bluraven
I don't know if I get that from my 09 Heritage or not, but if I was you I don't know what I would be more concerned with; my bike emitting fumes or the lack of air seal between my garage and house.

If you're smelling fumes from your garage you might want to find out how the fumes are getting into the house more so than where the fumes are coming from.

Just a thought.
I own a split level home with an attached garage & the Den is directly behind my garage so the fumes come in with the garage door closed & I guess they drift into the nearest opening. Thanks for the help .

Old 02-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Tambo-1
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
I have had my 2005 SE Fat Boy for almost 8 years. When I park it, I leave the garage door open for awhile or about 1/2 the time there is a strong smell of gas.
The smell doesn't get in the house. I never have detected any gas leaks, so I just learned to live with it.
Aside from the gas fumes I have had zero problems with the bike.
Tom
I normaly do leave the garage door open for a while while my bike cools down but it has been way to cold to . Thanks for the advice.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Tambo-1
1st Gear

Originally Posted by skiddd
I sometime overfill my Heritage and get some gas leaking from the overflow but other than that I never smell gas.........
First I want to say, You got a sweet bike !! Good Luck with the progress so far so good Now my prob. is when I park my bike in my garage after riding it when my fuel level gets below 34 tank. Thanks

Quick Reply: 04 Softail Heritage