Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed 1.5" Risers On Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:09 AM
J-S
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

any of you guys tried the pro street risers? they look longer then the stock breakout, just an idea

Old 07-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by J-S
any of you guys tried the pro street risers? they look longer then the stock breakout, just an idea
I'll probably order them. The sorta go straight up, don't come back towards you. Sat on a CVO Breakout last weekend. Seemed alright. I think the CVO bars turn back just a little more than the regular Breakout.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:22 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Drag Bars

Nostradamus, thanks for the tip. I went by my dealer today and they said that the Fat Bob drag bar would fit my CVO Breakout but I have them looking into the drag bar and riser setup that is on the CVO Breakout Pro Street. I sat on it today and the drag bar and riser setup they had on the Pro Street felt awesome. I'll let you know how it goes when they get back to me. Thanks again for the advice. I love this site.

Old 09-25-2016, 11:50 AM
firecap
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 with 1 1/2" risers abs brake line problems

Installed 1 1/2 spacers on risers on 15 Breakout, brake line is real tight when turned to left has anyone had any problems develop with the brake line overtime?

Old 09-26-2016, 01:57 PM
HATZO1
Tourer

Originally Posted by firecap
Installed 1 1/2 spacers on risers on 15 Breakout, brake line is real tight when turned to left has anyone had any problems develop with the brake line overtime?
Where did you find the spacers? I have been looking around and cannot seem to find any out there. It seems Spacer Jim used to make some but he seems to be no longer around.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:44 PM
96slowbra
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

http://heartlandbiker.com/new-produc...nsion-breakout

But you have to call to buy separate. I Have an 2016 w/ABS, so I extended the brake line. It's borderline too tight in factory configuration.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:23 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

no problems with 1.75 inch risers. Been on a while now.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:55 PM
firecap
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HATZO1
Where did you find the spacers? I have been looking around and cannot seem to find any out there. It seems Spacer Jim used to make some but he seems to be no longer around.
Harley,fatboy,sportster,dyna,and custom handle bar riser extensions
( 322137221257 )
mrtsperformancemachine470Feedback percentage of100%
check ebay this is the guy i ordered mine from you have to order the ones listed but send a messaged with it telling him you want the ones for bre
akout 1.700 polished or black your preference and he will send you an invoice for the extra 25 assuming you use paypal otherwise contact him but mine were excellent and shipped fast once i paid.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:11 AM
HATZO1
Tourer
Thumbs up

Harley,fatboy,sportster,dyna,and custom handle bar riser extensions
( 322137221257 )
mrtsperformancemachine470Feedback percentage of100%
check ebay this is the guy i ordered mine from you have to order the ones listed but send a messaged with it telling him you want the ones for bre
akout 1.700 polished or black your preference and he will send you an invoice for the extra 25 assuming you use paypal otherwise contact him but mine were excellent and shipped fast once i paid.
Hey Firecap, Thanks!! Just what I was looking for..

Old 02-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Rob Jones
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where did you get the 2’ risers?

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
I've had these 1.5" risers for at least 6 months (thanks to JackJr, appreciate ya) and finally decided to install them. I was going to chrome them first but said screw it and wanted to test them before I spent money chroming them. Haven't taken the bike for a long ride yet but the reach is much better, less leaning forward. I think 2" for me would be better but I don't know that 2" would work with existing factory length cabling, but maybe it would.

Anyway, here you go:

Making room for the DK 3-4" Tank Lift:

Need to add a zip tie to the cables to keep them from rubbing the tank.....no problems now (just need to get a black zip tie):

Had to cut the zip ties to get enough slack in the wiring to the handlebars:

I’ve been looking all over for straight risers for my 2016 Breakout. Where did you find them and how did they fit? Thx

Quick Reply: Installed 1.5" Risers On Breakout