Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestions for swingarm bag. Viking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ctluba
Hmmm, looks Chinese made to me...

Old 03-08-2014, 10:15 AM
DakotaYota
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
I am running a GarageLeathers bag. Love the buckles they use.
Same here!

Old 03-08-2014, 12:13 PM
AZRenegade
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

If you're interested in a Leatherworks bag, I have a 5" one that I wanted to use on my Heritage. The look didn't work for me and it is just gathering dust. The bag is like new. I'll let you have the bag and a fabricated mount plate (based on instructions from this site) with hardware for 50 cents on the dollar($85) and $7 for shipping. It mounts on the left side and has indian head buckles. PM me if you're interested.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:10 PM
HD and VETTE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll let you have the bag and a fabricated mount plate (based on instructions from this site) with hardware for 50 cents on the dollar($85) and $7 for shipping. It mounts on the left side and has indian head buckles. PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

Now that's a deal, where were you when I was in the market?

Old 03-08-2014, 08:18 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AZRenegade
If you're interested in a Leatherworks bag, I have a 5" one that I wanted to use on my Heritage. The look didn't work for me and it is just gathering dust. The bag is like new. I'll let you have the bag and a fabricated mount plate (based on instructions from this site) with hardware for 50 cents on the dollar($85) and $7 for shipping. It mounts on the left side and has indian head buckles. PM me if you're interested.
Have a picture of it? I am not sure what the indian head buckles look like. If I like em, ill buy it from ya.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:40 PM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Have a picture of it? I am not sure what the indian head buckles look like. If I like em, ill buy it from ya.
Here is a picture of my 3" bag. From what I can tell, Leatherworks uses Indian Head coins on all of their bags.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:55 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Looks like I'm going with Viking. For $73, it's a tough deal to beat. I'll just have to ignore the picture of the homo in the blue shirt.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

What ever choice you make use a hard mount system, so you can raise it up a bit higher. I have just about worn through the bottom of my Leather Works bag from scrapping it in turns.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

You can find used ones on eBay on the cheap. Last winter I bought a "like new" used HD swing arm bag for $70. Instead of the straps, I used wide zip ties with 3" pieces of paint-stir-sticks inside the bag for re-enforcement. Also wrapped black electrical tape around the swing arm underneath the zip ties to prevent scuffing the paint. No complaints.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:26 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
What ever choice you make use a hard mount system, so you can raise it up a bit higher. I have just about worn through the bottom of my Leather Works bag from scrapping it in turns.
Originally Posted by HDmikie
You can find used ones on eBay on the cheap. Last winter I bought a "like new" used HD swing arm bag for $70. Instead of the straps, I used wide zip ties with 3" pieces of paint-stir-sticks inside the bag for re-enforcement. Also wrapped black electrical tape around the swing arm underneath the zip ties to prevent scuffing the paint. No complaints.
Thanks for the heads up.

I might pop rivet a skid plate on the bottom. I have some 3M clear film I'll put on the swing arm.

Quick Reply: suggestions for swingarm bag. Viking?