Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 07:40 PM
catdog28379
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Davidison Billet Headlight Assembly 67704-03

Is it Made In USA? Tks.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:29 AM
MachU
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed the Daymaker on my Sporty awhile back, it didn't come with the rubber gasket for whatever reason, and just happened to be very loose in the housing.
My short term fix was to cut up and use the foam gasket from the original headlight until I could get the rubber gasket.
I have yet to get the part# or find a gasket, my light is secure, but I prefer a much simpler install, as the shims I made are a pain to keep in place.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:41 AM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer78
Just to mention, I did also order the rubber vibration thing called a "snubber". Turns out its for the stock housing. I'm running the Harley billet housing. I can't see the housing being the issue as the stock light was locked in perfect.
Please give me more info on this snubber - the headlamp assembly mounting rubbers on my NT are too soft for the additional weight of the Daymaker and because of this the light beam bounces all over the place.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How about foam tape fellers ? I'm going to Home Depot to look for some.

I'm putting daymaker 4 inch auxiliary lamps in a fat bob dual headlight bucket. I purchased the nesting rings from HD but it seems like I'm gonna need some additional padding. The foam tape should do the job.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:58 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 1004ron
Please give me more info on this snubber - the headlamp assembly mounting rubbers on my NT are too soft for the additional weight of the Daymaker and because of this the light beam bounces all over the place.
Found some info on this, and it might be what I need - will need to disassemble mine to see where or how this fits.

Headlamp Vibration Damper-67700059
Required for mounting the LED headlight in certain models.
  • Damper adds rigidity to the headlamp housing

Attached Thumbnails 5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue-snubber.jpg   5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue-subber-2.jpg  

Last edited by 1004ron; 12-25-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:18 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
How about foam tape fellers ? I'm going to Home Depot to look for some.

I'm putting daymaker 4 inch auxiliary lamps in a fat bob dual headlight bucket. I purchased the nesting rings from HD but it seems like I'm gonna need some additional padding. The foam tape should do the job.
Good luck with that. I was not able to get them secure enough with the little thin rings from Harley. There is too much gap with those thin rings. The lights are too heavy to rely on pressure from a spacer, they will spin in the housing when you ride if you don't have them locked in somehow. Just start calling machine shops near you and asking them who can make the rings I specified. You will find someone, it is not difficult.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 24v
Good luck with that. I was not able to get them secure enough with the little thin rings from Harley. There is too much gap with those thin rings. The lights are too heavy to rely on pressure from a spacer, they will spin in the housing when you ride if you don't have them locked in somehow. Just start calling machine shops near you and asking them who can make the rings I specified. You will find someone, it is not difficult.
I just finally got around to putting everything together after picking it up from powder coat.

I used the nesting rings from HD (part number 68331-02). I wrestled with the lights for a good 45 minutes. I finally got them where they are sitting in there how I want them.

After putting the bezzel on the bucket and bolting it down tight I tried rotating the Daymakers and it's pretty hard to rotate them by hand. There are no gaps at all between the daymakers and the bezel. Hopefully the vibration from the bike doesn't end up being a problem. I Shook the headlight bucket pretty hard after I installed everything and nothing shakes or comes loose. No rattling or nothing.

I hope I have better luck than you with the HD rings. I'm gonna try this set up out before I go the machine shop route. I found one by the way, only 3 blocks away from my house. I've driven by that building a million times and never knew it was a machine shop lololol.

The dude is charging me $70 for two rings. But he said I was gonna have to wait till the second week of January so he could fit me into his machining schedule. Gonna try out these HD rings in the mean time. Maybe I'll double or triple l up on the HD rings in each side since they are only around $4.

Time will tell.
By the way thank you 24 for the help

Old 12-26-2014, 08:36 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

Cool, good luck. Post some pics when it is all working.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Ok boys here is a quick shot of the Daymaker 4 inch auxiliary lamps stuffed into a fat bob headlight bucket.

Like 24v mentioned in his thread I installed the Daymakers upside down (so the cut off line from the light beams is on the bottom ).

I used the HD nesting rings to support the lights inside the bucket. Although I haven't ridden the bike yet I don't think the lights are going to spin inside the bucket because when I try to spin them by hand its really hard to do. So I don't see even the vibration from the bike and the road causing them to spin.

I also installed the Custom Dynamics - Dynamic rings front turn signals and those are also bright as hell. By the way, I did not get any fast flashing on my 08 rocker and Im not running the load equalizer that custom dynamic says is needed.

Anyone know anything about that? The stock tail lights on the rockers are LEDs but the stock front turn signals were regular bulbs. I guess maybe because of that the rocker already has provisions for equalizing the load on the front sigs.

Attached Thumbnails 5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue-image.jpg  
Old 12-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

I can only post one pic at a time from my cellie.

It's hard to get a good feel for the brightness from these cause the lights coming from the LEDs are so intense that the iPhone camera has a hard time capturing the image.

With the custom dynamic rings the farther you are from the bike the brighter and more intense the light seems to be. Or maybe it's just me loosing my mind lol.

Attached Thumbnails 5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: 5 3/4 Daymaker LED Headlight Fitment Issue