Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lindby Linbar or Mustache Engine Guard

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 AM
One Vision
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lindby Linbar or Mustache Engine Guard

Eventually for the riding year Im going to add another foot position for the longer rides. I have always been fond of the styling of the Lindby Linbar, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the performance of the Linbar vs the Harley Mustache style engine guard. Id like to know if there is an issue with foot slippage off either bar while riding, as well as comfort level opinions.

A buddy of mine has some Highway pegs on his Engine guard and he indicates that he loves the kick back riding style they afford him. Can you even put Highway pegs on a Linbar given the sharp angle of the dive off the foot rest? I doubt it. it looks like you can off the Mustache Bar though.

Any opinons are appreciated.

Cheers!

Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 AM
89Speedy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by One Vision
Eventually for the riding year Im going to add another foot position for the longer rides. I have always been fond of the styling of the Lindby Linbar, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the performance of the Linbar vs the Harley Mustache style engine guard. Id like to know if there is an issue with foot slippage off either bar while riding, as well as comfort level opinions.

A buddy of mine has some Highway pegs on his Engine guard and he indicates that he loves the kick back riding style they afford him. Can you even put Highway pegs on a Linbar given the sharp angle of the dive off the foot rest? I doubt it. it looks like you can off the Mustache Bar though.

Any opinons are appreciated.

Cheers!
Linbar. I also believe they make ones with built in highway bars.

Attached Thumbnails Lindby Linbar or Mustache Engine Guard-img_0660.jpg  
Old 04-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the mustache bars. I like them but don't use the footrests much. Nice for a couple of minutes but just too far away from the brake and shifter for me. I'm very comfortable using just the floorboards though.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:35 AM
pipeyeti
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I have pegs on my linbar. I used the HD billet clamp and o ring pegs. lindby makes a set that looks really nice and if you order them when you order your linbar they give you a nice discount.The diameter of the linbar is 1 1/4 just like most others.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I have the H-D mustache engine guard on my Slim, and I can tell you that the built-in "footrests" are all but useless.
To high and too far inward.
To even get my feet up in them I look like I'm hugging a telephone pole.

I'm sure I could add hi-way pegs in a different locations, but I'm fine with just the floorboards...

Old 04-03-2014, 08:51 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jam436
I have the H-D mustache engine guard on my Slim, and I can tell you that the built-in "footrests" are all but useless.
Especially with any kind of stage 1 AC!

Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by yzergod
Especially with any kind of stage 1 AC!
Actually believe it or not, that S&S Super air cleaner & cover is slimmer in profile than the stocker was, and that one was fairly short to start with...
My knee never touches it.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:03 AM
jakson200369
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of it is going to depend upon how tall YOU are. I'm about 6'2" and I use mine some (if i stretch my legs I can lay the bottom of my calf muscle on the top of the foot rests), would be more comfortable with footrests strategically located some where in between the floor boards and the top of the bars I'm sure. I haven't put any foot rests on because I do not like the look of them on the bars (not knocking anyone just my opinion). If I remember correctly I think there is a set of highway bars that has spring-loaded pegs, you tap with your foot when riding, and they flip out. When in the closed position they look like part of the round bar. I liked the idea of those but just couldn't bring myself to part with the $$$$ for them, seemed like it was going to be a couple hundred more maybe.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Damn_Yankee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a Lindby Multibar. I like the tucked-in rather than spread-eagle position of the hiway pegs, but I'm 5'10" with relatively short legs; I can see someone over 6' feeling a little cramped with them.

The thick rubber foot rests don't look as good as the o-ring foot rests on the standard Lindby bar, but there's no issue with my feet slipping, and they suck up a lot of vibration.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 AM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts

I also have the Linby Multibar. I've used the footrests some, but usually just hand my feet off the boards if needed. Tried some HD 360 highway pegs; didn't like them. May try to attach some standard highway pegs at some point.

Attached Thumbnails Lindby Linbar or Mustache Engine Guard-100_1583.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lindby Linbar or Mustache Engine Guard