Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Arcanum
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, my Rocker already has a couple of things added to it.

She has a Screaming Eagle II exhaust and a seat from Danny Gray Both of which were on the bike when I got it.

The one thing I've done myself, so far, is added a side hanging numberplate holder. There was one already on the bike when I got it but it was a US spec, very small, and I didn't want to get a tug by the local plod so I took it off. The one I have now really is a nice bit of kit. It's a bit on the big side for my liking but even so it really does look the part for the bike. I got it from a German company called W&W Cycles. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? I think so. I'm really going to have to get some photos taken.

It's not much, but it's a start and I'm planning on keeping hold of this bike for a long time so I'm not in the greatest of hurries.

I've also replaced the horn for something that can actually be heard. But I do that with any bike I own. You need it over here!

All the best.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 AM
retromobiliart
6th Gear
Default in case of....

Originally Posted by parrnan
Good luck in your bike mods because parts for FXCW/C are very rare as Harley Davidson really don't care about us Rocker's owners.

Most HD parts for FXCW/C are discontinued and no longer available. For example, I've found chrome wheels spacers for old 1990s HD models, but none for 2008-2011 Rockers... Yes Harley has let us down !
have a set of rear chrome wheel spacer for FXCW (still unopened) for sale (bought 2 sets, in case of) and for the front it took me 6 months to find a set (which i put today on the bike)

as said before FXCW genuine HD parts are scarce to source... good luck

Old 04-19-2014, 08:16 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lots o rocker owners 2008-2010 heavy modify / make up own parts
ask away kuryakn gat a plate mount for rockers now too
back in the day we took a dyna plate ( side mount ) bent that suka and added
hard rubber shims to "make it work"
good luck post pics along the way

Old 04-19-2014, 09:40 PM
LAZ_Rocker
Advanced

I like all types of motorcycles and can't imagine having at least one jap bike at all times (my commuter). Re: my Rocker, I created a couple of web pages with video and a photo album at http://www.lulays.com/harley. The second page includes a breakdown of parts, cost, and installation.

Last edited by LAZ_Rocker; 04-19-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Arcanum
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LAZ_Rocker
I like all types of motorcycles and can't imagine having at least one jap bike at all times (my commuter). Re: my Rocker, I created a couple of web pages with video and a photo album at http://www.lulays.com/harley. The second page includes a breakdown of parts, cost, and installation.
**** DUDE! That's a cracking looking Rocker! The changes are quite subtle but the overall look is fantastic. Beautiful bike, congrats mate. Something for me to aspire too. Great website to go along with it too, I'm off to have a read...

I love that trimmed rear mudguard!

Old 04-20-2014, 12:36 PM
LAZ_Rocker
Advanced

Originally Posted by Arcanum
**** DUDE! That's a cracking looking Rocker! The changes are quite subtle but the overall look is fantastic. Beautiful bike, congrats mate. Something for me to aspire too. Great website to go along with it too, I'm off to have a read...

I love that trimmed rear mudguard!
Thanks Arcanum. Have fun with your mods!

Old 04-20-2014, 05:44 PM
lazyboy09
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LAZ, that is a sweet looking bike!

Old 04-20-2014, 08:53 PM
HDFan0611
Road Captain

WOW…great looking bike….LAZ

Welcome to the family ARCANUM… I'm also a new HD Rocker Owner…but I really like the looks of it and also the fact that most of the places that I go to I don't find many Rockers… this is a great forum to get ideas and help...

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C upgrades-rocker-c-seat-1.jpg  

Last edited by HDFan0611; 04-20-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the Rocker Club. Have fun modding it. Honestly with the rocker the sky's the limit man. Great platform to start a sick ride.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM
parrnan
Novice

Only one word, WOW !