Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout - Chromed Parts by Sport Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 03:24 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 24v
Nostradamus74 I love the stock wheels in chrome and the Blackline console. Microdoted has it right, do the tank and fenders. That is exactly what I was thinking. There must be a way to do the tank. Maybe they just have to chrome it inside and out?
Thanks Bro! I wouldn't have done these mods without the suggestions and ideas of HDF members and in particular of your help!
As for tank and fenders I'll find a way to have them "chrome looking"!

Originally Posted by HD and VETTE
Besides you wearing sunglasses, you will be responable to pass out sunglasses for all you may pass so they can see after you pass. Or is this your way of getting to the party before everyone else....blind them and you will be in front???
Damn! You discovered mi hidden plans!

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
I'm working something with them as well.........it will be a few months however before my stuff comes to fruition, but when it does, its gonna BLOW YOUR MIND, ok well maybe not, but it will be something nobody else has done to a Breakout!

Anything to do with dark chrome?

Originally Posted by CowboyBagger
I'm not sure how hard it would be to get a tank bare metal polished and then clear coated. I'm guessing the hard part is controlling the humidity to prevent any rust residue. Other than that, a lot of elbow grease. Go for it, it'll be cool.

Cowboy
Well, if HD manages to have factory CVO tanks/fenders mirror polished, I guess it's possible to do that. I've seen only a few done like this around but it can be done and the visual effect is very cool! Thanks!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Anything to do with dark chrome?

Noooooooooooo!

Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 PM
JAX-HD-Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring on the pics!!!

Old 04-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JAX-HD-Rider
Bring on the pics!!!
Yep! I will for sure!
I suppose it'll take some weeks to have everything ready (last parts to arrive, shipping, customs and install them) but as soon as the bike will be finished, I'll take some pics and update this thread!

Old 04-18-2014, 07:13 AM
JAX-HD-Rider
Advanced

Really anxious to see the swingarm. Bet you are too.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JAX-HD-Rider
Really anxious to see the swingarm. Bet you are too.
Yep! I'm literally dying to see everything installed!
Anyway, if you wish to see how the chromed swingarm fits the BO, you can check BroTim's bike. He already has the chromed swingarm installed and it looks really cool!
I'm really curious to see how it'll look like with the rear chromed caliper (+bracket), chromed sprocket, etc., haven't seen one with all the "set" so far. Front, mid and rear end will have all parts chromed...will see the final result!

Last edited by Nostradamus74; 04-18-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:29 AM
dmlogs0
Advanced

If you don't mind me asking, what is Sport Chrome charging for all these different pieces. They quoted me $185 on the Blackline console. Also forgot to ask them if they do a forum discount since they are sponsors I think.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dmlogs0
If you don't mind me asking, what is Sport Chrome charging for all these different pieces. They quoted me $185 on the Blackline console. Also forgot to ask them if they do a forum discount since they are sponsors I think.
I don't think they already planned a forum discount since they are a recent Sponsor but we may ask Jon what he can do about it.
Regarding the prices of all the items I guess there might be slight differences according from the payment methods (I used Paypal since I live abroad), local pick up, etc.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:26 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain

Just a little update to this thread.
Parts have been shipped a few days ago!
Within a week or so they should be delivered.
Once again Jon and his Staff have been simply awesome. They found for many parts (OEM and aftermarket) I wasn't able to find at a reasonable price, they consolidated everything into the boxes and shipped. I guess this option and service would be highly precious for people like me who live overseas and not easy to find elsewhere. I really hope this tip could be well understood from international HDF members 'cause you'd save a lot of time and money and a first class service is granted. Sport Chrome really deserves my compliments and I'll definitely have other deals with them in the future, considering them a "landmark".
Next update will be with parts installed!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:39 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

It seems like this has taken an awfully long time. What is the turn around time to chrome the parts? You show your chromed parts in the first post which was April 13th. Here it is May 19th and you still don't have the parts?

Quick Reply: Breakout - Chromed Parts by Sport Chrome