Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXSB Breakout with FXSBSE CVO handlebar

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostradamus74
Harley_Charley, let see if the guy I contacted (thanks to 24V) will accept doing some new risers. Maybe an extra 1,5' on risers with a different angle (tall/pullback) will be better than simple 1,5' spacers. I'm worried that with a 2' increase, new risers wouldn't look so nice 'cause too long from a visual point of view.
Are you suggesting swapping the stock risers with risers that have a great curve backwards, if so, who the hell makes a set that will work with the speedo built into them, cause I haven't seen anyone making an all inclusive riser/speedo combo?

Like I mentioned, I've got 1.5" risers under the stock ones now, and it barely pulls them back. Another 2" would be great (insert dick joke here), haha. As for taller riser inserts, agree.....I don't like the look of the 1.5" I installed and I damn sure wouldn't like the 2"......puts the bars too high (like the CVO bars).

The CVO bars make the Breakout look like a Heritage in my opinion, but too each their own. Whatever makes folks happy right?

Old 04-16-2014, 08:25 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 381 Posts

I thought the stock seat was comfortable except for the whole sliding off the back issue. I was very apprehensive about switching to the Danny Grey as I worried it would not be as comfortable. After rolling with it for a while, I love it. I can ride in this seat all day without any sort of pain or discomfort. I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a more supportive seat. I got sick of holding on so I didn't slide off the bike when on the gas.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:28 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
Are you suggesting swapping the stock risers with risers that have a great curve backwards, if so, who the hell makes a set that will work with the speedo built into them, cause I haven't seen anyone making an all inclusive riser/speedo combo?

Like I mentioned, I've got 1.5" risers under the stock ones now, and it barely pulls them back. Another 2" would be great (insert dick joke here), haha. As for taller riser inserts, agree.....I don't like the look of the 1.5" I installed and I damn sure wouldn't like the 2"......puts the bars too high (like the CVO bars).

The CVO bars make the Breakout look like a Heritage in my opinion, but too each their own. Whatever makes folks happy right?
He is trying to get new risers made. I gave him the name of the shop that made the bars I had for my Blackline. Traded that sucker in like a week before the bars got here. LOL
They make risers for other stuff and I did at one time ask them about shorter risers, so I figured maybe they could make something for him.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
I thought the stock seat was comfortable except for the whole sliding off the back issue. I was very apprehensive about switching to the Danny Grey as I worried it would not be as comfortable. After rolling with it for a while, I love it. I can ride in this seat all day without any sort of pain or discomfort. I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a more supportive seat. I got sick of holding on so I didn't slide off the bike when on the gas.
I am interested in the Danny Gray seat because at least one of the Danny Gray models for the Breakout offers the passenger a WAY wider place to sit, but where does it position the rider compared to a stock Breakout seat? Same height or lower or higher? Same distance from the bars or close or further?

I really like what the Reach seat did for me, but it leaves the tiny passenger seat unimproved.

Jim G

Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Well, I cannot speak for the 2 up version, but my solo seat pushed me forward slightly. I don't really feel any higher or lower.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:40 PM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
Well, I cannot speak for the 2 up version, but my solo seat pushed me forward slightly. I don't really feel any higher or lower.
Thanks, that helps. I may end up calling Danny Gray to find out, if my wife says she really needs a better passenger seat than the HD stock one.

Jim G

Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

Originally Posted by 24v
Agree an aftermarket seat makes a huge difference. Made me think of our conversation we had the other day about riding with our shotgun shock lowered all the way on the bump stop. Well today I decided to truly test out my "bitchin seat" and rode it Hardtail style on the bump stops all day and was amazed at how much cushion and comfort this seat gives. Also as you mentioned not sliding off the back of the seat makes a world of difference to. The difference between your seat and mine is in the eye of the beholder and wallet since my seat is not cheap in comparison to what you paid for your Danny Gray.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 PM
89Speedy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Went a different route, removed CVO bar and

[/QUOTE]
Replaced it with the mini z bars from the CVO Softail Convertible....

Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 PM
89Speedy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's a few pics .... More after I'm done riding....

Attached Thumbnails FXSB Breakout with FXSBSE CVO handlebar-image.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Harley_Charley
Road Master

Originally Posted by 89Speedy
Here's a few pics .... More after I'm done riding....
Got a different angle......is your tank chromed? Curious how tall those are.

Quick Reply: FXSB Breakout with FXSBSE CVO handlebar