Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS Bullet or Batwing on Freight train nacelle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Oh well...

Ok, so I can say for a fact that you can't get the MS Bullet fairing on a Fatboy Lo with the Freight Train nacelle.

The folks at Dennis Kirk were kind enough to work with me on this. The guy in tech support got the parts for a Fatboy fairing brackets and a Roadking version of the Bullet and verify that they fit together. He said that if it didn't work, I could return it, so I ordered it.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit over the nacelle. So back to the drawing board.

Anyone know if the MS Batwing fits on a Fatboy Lo with the freight train nacelle and quick release?

Old 12-07-2021, 05:27 AM
simon bordonaro
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any luck

Originally Posted by Wabbit
Ok, so I can say for a fact that you can't get the MS Bullet fairing on a Fatboy Lo with the Freight Train nacelle.

The folks at Dennis Kirk were kind enough to work with me on this. The guy in tech support got the parts for a Fatboy fairing brackets and a Roadking version of the Bullet and verify that they fit together. He said that if it didn't work, I could return it, so I ordered it.

Unfortunately, it just doesn't fit over the nacelle. So back to the drawing board.

Anyone know if the MS Batwing fits on a Fatboy Lo with the freight train nacelle and quick release?
hey any luck finding a fairing to suit freight train headlight I'm in the sane boat

Old 12-07-2021, 06:29 AM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by simon bordonaro
hey any luck finding a fairing to suit freight train headlight I'm in the sane boat
The MS Batwing with quick release worked for me. Good luck.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:41 AM
Leaping1
Advanced
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi Folks,
I am getting a lot of conflicting info on this. Perhaps my google-fu is not so good, so I will try a post. I have a 2011 Fatboy Lo and I need to add some wind protection for long rides. There are two options I am looking at. My first choice, I think, is the Memphis Shades Bullet windshield, the other option would be some form of batwing fairing. I need to have a quick release setup.

However, I have swapped out my stock Fatboy headlight assembly for the Freight Train nacelle and I am having a lot of trouble finding out if it will work with either of my options. Memphis Shades lady would only say that they have never tested their product with a Freight Train nacelle.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Also check out Fork Mount Wind Deflector HD Part #57400143. I have this on my 04 Heritage with Windshield and it really helps.

Old 12-08-2021, 04:32 AM
simon bordonaro
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS Bullet

The MS Batwing with quick release worked for me. Good luck.
I was after the bullet faring will this fit